Fantasy - some questions

SissasMomE

Call DCL and tell them that you wish to be seated as "just us." You will be at a 4 top with just 3 of you. Ignore the talk about how this is only a request and cannot be guaranteed, etc. After boarding, go to "dining changes" and confirm that you are seated as a family group without others.

There is a whole teen area--pool, hang out area, etc. Parties each night with different themes.

The teens do not have dance clubs outside of their club. But their club rocks, and may have dance parties if they choose to do so.

On the first night get together is when the itinerary is decided and generally fixed. That is why most recommend their teens showup in the club the first night. To help shape/plan the events for the duration of the sailing.

Each sailing is different with the activities for the teens. It all depends on the individuals sailing, and the makeup up the teens aboard at the time.

We also need a more definitive definition of teen? ? ? Is this a 13 y/o, or a 17 y/o?

That will make a difference.

:)

Call DCL and tell them that you wish to be seated as "just us." You will be at a 4 top with just 3 of you. Ignore the talk about how this is only a request and cannot be guaranteed' date=' etc. After boarding, go to "dining changes" and confirm that you are seated as a family group without others.

There is a whole teen area--pool, hang out area, etc. Parties each night with different themes.[/quote']

I agree unless they are a bust holiday sailing, in which case there simply might not be an option to move them.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

I've been impressed with the changes Disney will make to accomidate the guests. We had a sailing a few years ago, and by chance there was a larger than normal herd of 18 to 21 year olds. The CD and the kids activities people figured this out, and starting the second night they closed one of the adult night clubs, and it became a club for the under 21's. They did video games, trivia, karaoke, and had a DJ just to entertain them after dinner till prob 1am. My daughter was 18 at the time and loved it!

Maybe other cruise lines would be that reactive, but Disney sold me on that cruise.

My son and I sailed two yrs ago he was 15 he lived the teen club. I had to set a few rules up so I could actually see him lol supper and excursions. We sail again in 5 days and he is so excited to go back to the Vibe club. Any teenager will be in their glory at any if the clubs. I wish parents had a club like theirs I'm jealous. Lol.

Feb 2012 my then 13 year old has a blast in the Edge on the Dream. She is still friends with many of the teen girls she met. February 2014 we sail the Fantasy I cannot begin to explain how excited she is to go to the Vibe.

We travel as single mom and teenage daughter we were paired with others like ourselves (dad & teen girl and grandmother & teen girl) looking back at the dinner photos are fun. 2 years later one of the girls we were paired with still texts and Facebooks my daughter.

Happy Sails & Happy New Year!

Good luck getting a table for 3. Our family of 5 sat with a family of 3. I didn't request a separate table for our family because I just assumed that would be the case. At breakfast and lunch, we always sat alone. It was actually nice to meet another family and hear about their experiences on the cruise while at dinner.

My 12 year old loved the Edge. She participated in everything. My 14 and 15 year old only went to the Vibe a few times. My 15 year old daughter liked the activities such as Battle of the Sexes and would show up for the ones that sounded good. And my son liked gaga ball and dodge ball. They also liked the ghost stories.

It doesn't take "luck" to get a table for just your family. It takes a request. This is best done in advance with a call to DCL (your TA has to do this if you used one). And then verify that the request was met after boarding by going to "dining changes" and asking.

If you don't make a request, DCL will assign you where they wish. They are very good about placing families with same age kids together (or all adults/older kids).

Seating assignments are usually made 2 weeks before cruising, so call before this window if possible. It is harder to move people after the assignments are made, but it is also possible.