NCL Pearl March 11th

Epinz300

Seriously considering booking this cruise as it seems like a nice getaway for spring break, especially for the price right now.

Wondering if anyone has sailed this ship in the last year or so and how the ship is in general? If anyone has a nice review with pictures that would help me out a lot.

Pearl is my favourite NCL ship (at least so far as I haven't sailed on the newest ship in Jewel class, Gem, all three others I've experienced).

I'd recommend that you'd follow through Mitsugirly's ongoing review for Jewel, which is Pearl's sister ship and is very, very similar to Pearl. The shops and the lounge are in opposite places and Pearl has bowling alleys and climbing wall that Jewel doesn't have but the pictures are otherwise very describing for Pearl too.

Here is the review with a LOT of great pictures by Mitsugirly: MITSUGIRLYS JEWEL OF A CRUISE review and pictorial

Edited by Demonyte

We sailed on her earlier this month and loved it. It was our 4th cruise in 5 years on the Pearl, and the 2nd time we sailed this itinerary - if that tells you any thing. She's consistently ranked as one of the top ships in NCL's fleet.

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

Now I could get an obstructed OV room... anyone have pictures of it or an opinion on it?

We had an obstructed OV on our last cruise on Pearl. Most of them do not have any mentionable views but as we knew what we'd be getting, we were ok with it and thought that it was great value, one gets bigger cabin than an inside and at least some indication about the weather outside. I personally liked the location on deck 8 as we were quite near to most dining venues, guest services etc, but it was still very quiet area. Some people dislike deck 8 because of the maze like corridors (there are a lot of turns on midship area because of the indents caused by the lifeboats outside, pretty much all other passenger decks have long straight corridors between fwd & midship and midship & aft elevators).

Thanks for the props, but the link you provided is to the Jewel review I'm currently doing. :D The link to the Pearl is in my signature line. :)

I don't see signatures (by both choice and because I currently use Tapatalk more often than the web interface to access the forum) so I had forgot about that. Your Jewel review is just as good IMO. ;)

I don't see signatures (by both choice and because I currently use Tapatalk more often than the web interface to access the forum) so I had forgot about that. Your Jewel review is just as good IMO. ;)

Oh sorry. I forgot there was an option to turn off signatures. I could never get my taptalk to work, so I had forgotten about that too.

Thanks for thinking the Jewel review is good. I think as the cruises go by, I add more and more, so it's probably a lot longer than the Pearl review and tons of more pictures. I hate to see it by the time I'm done. LOL :D