Boarding time for Sunshine in N.O.

rhinomike

We are Platinum.... How early can we board the Sunshine in New Orleans. We depart on Sunday. We are already in New Orleans enjoying the city. People are talking about how crazy it is going to be here on Sunday due to the Saints game. They play at 3 so we want to get to the Port early as possible to beat the crowds and traffic.

When you get back, please post about how the embarkation process is. We will be sailing on January 12. We are staying at the Marriott Convention Center, so we're very close to the ship. When we sailed out of Port Canaveral, we would get to the ship between 9:30-10 and we would be sitting on the Lido Deck no later than 11:00. I hope N.O. is as organized as Canaveral!

We are Platinum.... How early can we board the Sunshine in New Orleans. We depart on Sunday. We are already in New Orleans enjoying the city. People are talking about how crazy it is going to be here on Sunday due to the Saints game. They play at 3 so we want to get to the Port early as possible to beat the crowds and traffic.

Get there around 10:30 and you should be fine.

I get to all ports by 10:30, check in usually takes about 15 minutes and boarding begins usually between 11 and 11:30......NOLA has really improved their process and Platinum's check in at the Podium and are then called up to an agent in the order that we arrived at the Podium.

The weddings, platinum and FTTF are all seated in their own section so it's very organized when boarding begins.

Edited by okgirl

We were on the 12/15 sailing. We arrived at the port around 930a and were on the ship just shy of 11am. We had FTTF and the other couple with us did not, they got zone 1 though. We were basically on the ship within minutes of each other. NOLA is pretty organized and embark went smoothly and quickly. When we boarded they actually "dinged" us in inside the port building so once we walked onto the ship there was not a back-up there. Enjoy your trip! The Sunshine is fantastic and the crew is top-notch! It was by far the best cruise we have ever been on!

Edited by smc1313s

We got here to the port early today. About 10:30 am. Right thru security then they walked us into the Priority Booking room. That was fast and easy. All done within 15 minutes. But then what was weird is they told us we had to go thru the doors and sit with everyone else. I did notice some people stayed in the priority room. I am sure we could of stayed. I just think the woman checking us in didnt know. Now we are sitting in a big room full of people waiting for them to call priority boarding.