Anyone used a trueview camera mask?

cruisingforsix

Hi ,we usually take our canon underwater camera with us snorkeling but it is acting up and we received the camera mask as a gift and are wondering what quality of pictures they take? I do not know if I want to be fooling with all the stuff on the mask while trying to see everything .

I have a different brand, I'll look when I get home. Its my second one. The first one was snorkel only, the 2nd one is scuba depth rated. My advise is try it in a pool and look for indicators. The 2nd mask I had was a lot better in that there is an LED you can see without removing the mask. It wasn't real visible in bright day light snorkeling, but at scuba depth it worked great.

The one time I was snorkeling I lost a picture that would have been great because the camera had timed out and went into power saving mode and I couldn't see the LED. But to answer your questions. The pictures were worthwhile. My next dive I'm trying the GOPRO.

I have a different brand, I'll look when I get home. Its my second one. The first one was snorkel only, the 2nd one is scuba depth rated. My advise is try it in a pool and look for indicators. The 2nd mask I had was a lot better in that there is an LED you can see without removing the mask. It wasn't real visible in bright day light snorkeling, but at scuba depth it worked great.

The one time I was snorkeling I lost a picture that would have been great because the camera had timed out and went into power saving mode and I couldn't see the LED. But to answer your questions. The pictures were worthwhile. My next dive I'm trying the GOPRO.

Hi Bill ,thanks for the info . being that it is winter here in western pa. I don't think we will get to try it in the pool until vacation .we had a canon D-10 I think ,and it took some nice pics but it is actin up and we thought maybe we could use these instead but I am thinking maybe we should buy another camera just for backup. my husband will dive down several feet to take a picture while snorkeling but we wont be scuba diving .what is a GOPRO?

Hi Bill ,thanks for the info . being that it is winter here in western pa. I don't think we will get to try it in the pool until vacation .we had a canon D-10 I think ,and it took some nice pics but it is actin up and we thought maybe we could use these instead but I am thinking maybe we should buy another camera just for backup. my husband will dive down several feet to take a picture while snorkeling but we wont be scuba diving .what is a GOPRO?

Being an Erie native, I have to ask, where in PA?. GOPRO is a hot new device that is small, comes with a waterproof case that is good to 100ft. They are showing up everywhere, on surfboards, ski helmets, radio controlled cars and lots of places. checkout gopro.com

someone had one on my last dive trip ... they didn't have much to say about it ... is was new.

We use a SeaLife Mini - a true underwater camera good to 130 and shockproof to 6 feet with no housing. 9mp digital. Was $250, you can find it for $100 today

http://www.scuba.com/US/scuba-gear-535/168174/Sealife-Mini-2-Underwater-Dive-Camera.html?gclid=CP-W0pHrj7sCFUMV7AodtQ0ATA

P7036408_zps9ca51e9a.jpg

If you do GoPro Hero

you want the 3 or wait for the 4

you do not want the 2 which you'll find today at closeout prices. u/w video was not nearly as good on the 2 according to reports in SCUBA boards . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Being an Erie native, I have to ask, where in PA?. GOPRO is a hot new device that is small, comes with a waterproof case that is good to 100ft. They are showing up everywhere, on surfboards, ski helmets, radio controlled cars and lots of places. checkout gopro.com

Hi Bill, we are just a few miles south of the Allegheny County line. right next to the first township in Pittsburgh. Peters Township .we have been very pleased with our canon D10 ,but after several years my husband thinks it is not working as well underwater. It still works fine above water so we may still take a chance on it because it does take some nice pics and came recommended by a few other people on cc.