Navigator of the Seas to get new Sabor Modern Mexican specialty restaurant

mpoole3

For several weeks I've been trying to make reservations for specialty restaurants on our Feb. 5 cruise (the first after drydock), but the only restaurant that comes up is Chops. Yesterday I gave up and called C&A, and I was transferred to a department called "On-Board Dining" which I assume is in the corporate office.

I was told by a Supervisor in that department the reason I can't make reservations for Giovanni's, Isumi or Sabor online is that they aren't scheduled to open until the first sailing in March! Her excuse was that, although the new specialty restaurants will be added duriing drydock and construction should be complete before our sailing, "it takes time to train staff to work there." Really? I told her I didn't think it was fair for these venues to be shown on the deck plans starting February 1, if they already know they won't be open for the another month. That leaves Chops as the only available specialty restaurant for at least 4 sailings, but you can be sure the prices aren't discounted for those cruises. Grrr....

There will certainly be a lot of disappointed passengers, ourselves included. That is disturbing information, to say the least, as our expectation for a Voyager Class ship is to have alternate dining venues. :(

For several weeks I've been trying to make reservations for specialty restaurants on our Feb. 5 cruise (the first after drydock), but the only restaurant that comes up is Chops. Yesterday I gave up and called C&A, and I was transferred to a department called "On-Board Dining" which I assume is in the corporate office.

I was told by a Supervisor in that department the reason I can't make reservations for Giovanni's, Isumi or Sabor online is that they aren't scheduled to open until the first sailing in March! Her excuse was that, although the new specialty restaurants will be added duriing drydock and construction should be complete before our sailing, "it takes time to train staff to work there." Really? I told her I didn't think it was fair for these venues to be shown on the deck plans starting February 1, if they already know they won't be open for the another month. That leaves Chops as the only available specialty restaurant for at least 4 sailings, but you can be sure the prices aren't discounted for those cruises. Grrr....

I understand your disappointment, and could perhaps understand the delay for Izumi and Sabor (not that I think it's acceptable, staff should be trained prior to sailing), but I don't understand Giovanni's Table as it just replaces the venue which currently houses Portofino, so how much training is required for an Italian speciality restaurant, different food, but not much else? Edited by peteukmcr

I was wondering when they would update the site and open up for reservations. I've really been talking up Izumi based on the reviews I've read on CC. I can't eat seafood but my honey is going to be very disappointed. Oh well. At least I can break it to him now so it won't be a shock. Thank you for sharing!

:pI guess we will be saving $50 because I don't care for Mexican Food. My sister lived in San Antonio for over 27 years and I can honestly say in all that time I did not go to one Mexican Restaurant.

Beside being from Louisiana I prefer true, authentic Cajun/Creole dishes.

I think a Cajun/creole restaurant would be awesome. Just slap a Pappadeaux or a Drago's on the ship! Chargrilled oysters! OMG! That would be amazing!

I feel good about RCCL giving us something to make up for the lack of the specialty restaurants.

They ALways treat us right.