crusing while pregnent

From the Princess website: "Pregnancy: Princess cannot accept passengers who will have entered the 28th week of pregnancy by the end of the vacation."

From Royal Caribbean website: "What is Royal Caribbean's policy on cruising while pregnant?

If pregnant guests have entered or will be entering their 27th week before or during the cruise, they will be unable to travel."

HTH

Lisa :)

And even if you're not past the cruise lines' limits, you should ask your own OB/GYN. If you've got any underlying health problems that make you a high-risk pregnancy, the doctor may recommend that you stay home. (Mine did!)

My OB said it was fine to travel from 12 to 23 weeks. (If I felt up to it.) WE ahd two great trips during that time period. I had little if any morning sickness,,,and we went on stable ships with fortunalty calm seas. (Not during hurricane season.) Each case is different so if your Dr. Ok's it it will probably be ok.

Glad I did it as I didn't cruise for 8 years after that.

Liz:

The cruise line parameters mentioned here are accurate. My wife and I just sailed the Navigator with her being 18 weeks pregnant. She had no problems with the cruise, however, as a previous post mentioned, you should check with your doctor. In our case the doctor had no concerns, he just wanted her to do 2 things:

1) Purchase an air disinfectant (versus a surface disinfectant). The doctor suggested that before occupying the cabin, we liberally spray the space with the disinfectant, close the door and come back after 15 minutes or more.

2) Only eat food from the ship and do not eat in any of the ports.

We followed the directions and our cruise was great.

I cruised in the 25th week of both my pregnancys on RCCL and enjoyed both trips. Each time I had a letter from my doctor, but RCCL never asked for any "proof" of how far along I was in my pregnancy.

Archived