Splendor First Timer's

geegee1

My family (W,8yo and 5yo girls) have done cruises out of NYC in the past. All but 1 on NCL. Considering the Splendor for February break - we know it's going to be a zoo with kids everywhere. Wondering how it compares to NCL Gem. Food, kids clubs, room sizes. Any info will be appreciated

Thanks

Edited by geegee1

Hello there... we cruised in July on the Splendor... right in the middle of Summer Vacation.

There were many times during this trip that I found the ship to be so crowded.. much more so than any other cruise. Maybe it was the layout of the Lido Deck area, much more closed in (although I did appreciate it the first full day at sea, since it rained all day!) .

The Camp Carnival area was terrific... tons of room for all the kids... and it was crowded!

I have a review on my signature, with tons of pictures and stories from the kids point of view as well.

Catrin

WHEN is the kid's break in February?

Dates?

:confused:

For many it is the week beginning 2/16 in 2014.

We were also on Splendor in July. There were 1000ish kids on board with us, including 5 in our party that were from 2 to 9 years old. Four of the five kids were in the same group in Camp Carnival and all of the kids loved it. On sea days we would swim with them early - around 8am before the lido was crowded and crazy, then we dropped them at camp at 10 when it opened. We only went back to the outdoor lido for lunch a few times because it was just too insane. The best place for quiet while eating lunch is the rotisserie on 10. It's over the mexican buffet station, and no one was ever there. Fabulous.

Our family of 6 will be doing the February 21st cruise out of NYC, the following week is our school break, so kiddos will be missing Thurs & Fri or school, as we'll be riding the train into the city on Thursday. Looking for suggestions of which hotel to stay at for the 1 night in NYC. Thanks!

For many it is the week beginning 2/16 in 2014.

We were also on Splendor in July. There were 1000ish kids on board with us, including 5 in our party that were from 2 to 9 years old. Four of the five kids were in the same group in Camp Carnival and all of the kids loved it. On sea days we would swim with them early - around 8am before the lido was crowded and crazy, then we dropped them at camp at 10 when it opened. We only went back to the outdoor lido for lunch a few times because it was just too insane. The best place for quiet while eating lunch is the rotisserie on 10. It's over the mexican buffet station, and no one was ever there. Fabulous.

wow..1000 kids :eek:

The Splendor has one of the largest kids area in the fleet!

Its 2 levels!!

Im sure they had a blast!

Edited by limoguy1

Hi all! I along with my husband will be on the January 28th 2014 sailing! this will be my 1st carnival cruise and my 4th cruise though. But its my husbands' 1st cruise :) Is there anyone that can tell me how Carnival is. Im 28 and my husband is 24. Is there a lot to do on Splendor? We are both so excited!!:D

Our family of 6 will be doing the February 21st cruise out of NYC, the following week is our school break, so kiddos will be missing Thurs & Fri or school, as we'll be riding the train into the city on Thursday. Looking for suggestions of which hotel to stay at for the 1 night in NYC. Thanks!

We stay at the Hampton inn North it's right off of time square and has large rooms compared to most NYC hotels

Hi all! I along with my husband will be on the January 28th 2014 sailing! this will be my 1st carnival cruise and my 4th cruise though. But its my husbands' 1st cruise :) Is there anyone that can tell me how Carnival is. Im 28 and my husband is 24. Is there a lot to do on Splendor? We are both so excited!!:D

CCL is one of the largest cruise lines in the world and does a good job.

Another thing.....We will be on board! :eek:

wow..1000 kids :eek:

The Splendor has one of the largest kids area in the fleet!

Its 2 levels!!

Im sure they had a blast!

It isn't two levels, but there are two available camp areas on deck 10, although they may only open one if there aren't a lot of children on board. When we sailed they had three areas - one room for 2-5 year olds, one for 6-8, and the 9+ group was in the El Morocco lounge.