Live from the Sunshine... Let's get this New Years party staerted

Kokomo_Man

What Platinum logo gift did you get?

From his earlier post --

Topo Gigio asked what the platinum gift is. Well, you get a few coupons for drinks and such; a ships pin, and a tote bag. The tote bag has a soft-sided cooler compartment as the bottom section that would hold a few sodas… or other beverages… and the top part is a mesh bag. I haven’t used it and I’m not sure how sturdy it is. It would probably be good for a beach day and stuff like that.

The Next Adventure Begins

Thank you all again for your kind comments. -- 2Ports...I sure hope you enjoy the book.

I am writing to you today as I’m winging my way back to the Frozen Tundra. (My friend Heidie that really lives in the Frozen Tundra is scoffing at me right now.) It’s been a good cruise. But then all cruises are good. I made new friends and met up with old friends. I had a few new adventures and revisited a few old ones. And of course this time of year being in the warm Caribbean is always good.

The Sunshine is truly a new ship. Gone are almost all vestiges of the old Destiny. Although the ship was theoretically “packed” I never felt crowded. If I wanted to I could always find some little hide-away to be alone and contemplate my navel. Or I could join in with the hoards having a party on deck. And I have to say again what a good job the ship’s designers did figuring out how to feed the hoards without long lines. Even during the usual “rush hours” I never had to stand in line anywhere… or at most a couple of minutes for a Ferengie burger at “all-aboard” time.

No matter what I wanted from a cruise it was there. From too much good food to a good gym to work it all off… from Caribbean adventures to “sleeping in” in the morning. And I was happy with the ship. Yes there are a few niggly problems on the ship, but so minor I can’t think of them right now.

I figured that since this was a new ship there would be refrigerators in all the cabins like the other Carnival newer ships. But there was not one on my “Oceanview” cabin. Also, the cabins all have new flat screen TVs. However there was no interactive connection for checking your bill or the day’s food menus.

Across the board the crew on this ship was exceptional. I can’t think of a single crew person I interacted with that didn’t have a pleasant hello and a smile on their face. The wait staff was very good and the room steward always took care of things.

In the end they did well with the upgrades and massive changes to the ship. It has all of the “2.0” stuff I’ve come to like. Although the Valor and Breeze are still my favorites, I would certainly sail on the Sunshine again. I would not have sailed on the Destiny again.

Usually I’m a bit melancholy as a cruise comes to an end… especially this time of the year back in the Frozen Tundra. In the past, the end of a cruise in January meant that I would have to go into hibernation until late spring when it warms up again… or ‘till I can’t stand it and jump on another Caribbean cruise. But not this year…

My next great adventure is coming up in about a month. This time I’m going to Thailand and Laos of an off-road motorcycle adventure through the jungles of Southeast Asia. I’ll be there during February and March. I’ll be returning to the scene of my earlier crimes. Ummmm… the statute of limitations has expired so at least I won’t end up in jail for past “indiscretions”. So… as soon as I get back I have to start preparing for that.

Since the next adventure isn’t about cruisin’ I won’t say more about it here ‘cept that you can follow my next adventure on kokomoman dot com. And on kokomomantoo.

I hope you enjoyed my postings about this cruise. I enjoyed bringing it to you. I always like writing about cruises and making friends with those of you that read my foolishness. I hope I entertained, put a few smiles on your faces, and gave some useful cruisin’ information.

It will probably be a while before I do another “live from…” during a cruise so until then…

I bid you all fair winds and following seas… and long may your big jib draw.

Bob

Return to Naked Fanny

The Next Adventure Begins