Carnival Magic fog

brooklynfc

I read a thread a while back (that I can't find!) that said that if you book the Magic during the fall or winter you should book a late flight back home b/c the ship is often delayed back in to port due to fog during that time.

Sooooo, I should go with the 4:40 flight vs the 12:05 flight?

Also.........

Does anyone know if I should include the cost of my flight in my insurance........IF it was booked with credit card points and not money?

Just for the record......I DID ask this on the depart boards, but no one answered.

Yes, there had been quite a bit of a discussion re: this, just a few weeks ago. I heeded the advice and booked my return flight home-something like 6 p.m. versus early afternoon-to be less stressed, and to be on the safe side. I know if you check under Gulf departures, there were some posts re: the fog issues under Galveston.

Sorry, dodn't know anything about your insurance question.

Happy cruising!:cool:

Yes, there had been quite a bit of a discussion re: this, just a few weeks ago. I heeded the advice and booked my return flight home-something like 6 p.m. versus early afternoon-to be less stressed, and to be on the safe side. I know if you check under Gulf departures, there were some posts re: the fog issues under Galveston.

Sorry, dodn't know anything about your insurance question.

Happy cruising!:cool:

Thanks! I think safer than sorry.