What to do after cave tubing?

heavenlysea

• 2 weeks later...

We did the cave tubing last week with .bz and were in port 9-6. We get priority tenders with Carnival and were on one of the first tenders. The tender ride is about 25 minutes and you have to leave time for it to fill up and for everyone to get off. If you're doing a private tour, you have to locate your company and then do all their stuff and wait for a van to fill up. I'd say it was at least an hour from the time we left the ship until we were headed to the caves.

We got back to the port with about 45 minutes to spare until the last tender so there really wasn't much time to do anything but look in a few shops.

We got back to the port with about 45 minutes to spare until the last tender so there really wasn't much time to do anything but look in a few shops.

If cavetubing is indeed all you do, no zip line, city tour, lunch stop included, you may have some time to walk around the Tourist Village or visit the crafts/flea market acros the street and grab a cold Belikin or two at the Wet Lizard, or other resto/bar on the pier. But that'll be about it.

There's really nothing else of great interest close by or even on the way to and from the cave site.

We have cave tubing scheduled in a couple of weeks with .bz and will be on the Magic. How do you get priority tenders to get off the ship quickly?

Are you platinum on Carnival? You get the priority benie.

If not, 2 ways, one $$ the other not quite priority.

$$= Go Faster To The Fun route for boarding etc. Need to sign up purchase in advance and there are limited spots.

Not Quite Priority= Look at the FunTimes the night before and see what and where the non-ship excursion/non-priority/FTTF meet up spot is at. Note the time they start sign ups. Be there 20-30 minutes before that time. Sometimes you can list your name earlier. But ALL your party must be there beofre you get a tender number. Once you got the tender number, head out for breakfast (send someone to make a rolls and coffee run) and get back 15-20 minutes before the time they told you they expect the first tender to depart. Tenders in Belize are usually large and hold 200+ passengers, line up one after the other. They'll most likely call #1-250 for boarding the first call and 5 minutes later #251-500. So it'll go quick. Don't panic and rush down the stairs. just keep moving in line and you'll get on the first tender for non-ship excursions.

Remember, as well, that there are other ships in port with tendering passengers and the private company has probably booked clients from several if not all of these ships and you will have to wait on the pier with the guide, or in the van/bus if they send you out, until all the clients show up.

We have cave tubing scheduled in a couple of weeks with .bz and will be on the Magic. How do you get priority tenders to get off the ship quickly?

Not sure how you get them on Disney but on NCL if you sign up for a ship excursion priority boarding is part of the deal

Thank you Crewsweeper. No, we are not Platinum. I did know about the FTTF option, but we decided against it. We will just check the paper the night before and see what to do to try and get off as early as possible. Thank you for your help.

It all usually works out. I've read good reviews on .bz on here. I'm hoping it all works out weather wise, etc, so we can go ashore.

I've read good reviews on .bz on here. I'm hoping it all works out weather wise, etc, so we can go ashore.

Don't let the weather deter you. We got extremely lucky the day we were there. It downpoured in the morning and stopped just before we boarded the tender. Was raining again when we came out of the first cave so we got sprinkled on for about a minute. Started raining again as we got into the van to head to lunch. Poured again on our way back to the port and stopped before we got out of the van. If I had gone by the weather we saw at breakfast, we would have never gotten off the boat!