Sailing with grandchildren

hillbilly cruiser

I know this has been addressed before but couldn't find. We will be sailing in June with two grand children. I have printed the Camp Carnival pre regristion form and it has to be signed by parent or legal guardian. Do we sign it or get their parenys sign it or what needs to be done. I have a notarized letter givlng permission for medical needs and stuff like that, but was not sure on the other. Thanks in advance.

I know this has been addressed before but couldn't find. We will be sailing in June with two grand children. I have printed the Camp Carnival pre regristion form and it has to be signed by parent or legal guardian. Do we sign it or get their parenys sign it or what needs to be done. I have a notarized letter givlng permission for medical needs and stuff like that, but was not sure on the other. Thanks in advance.

Not sure, but during the cruise you become the legal guardian.

To be on the safe side, how about you both sign it?

Both parents need to sign, not just for medical treatment, but giving you permission to take the child/ren out of the country. The customs agent really scrutinized ours last time. The cruiseline doesn't need the permission form, it's U.S. Customs.

Both parents need to sign, not just for medical treatment, but giving you permission to take the child/ren out of the country. The customs agent really scrutinized ours last time. The cruiseline doesn't need the permission form, it's U.S. Customs.

Yes, ditto what sewut said.

I have a friend who was denied boarding (actually the child was) because she didn't have a notarized copy from the father stating it was okay to leave the country with their son.

So yes, get a notarized permission slip to take child(ren) on vacation out of the country.

Having too much documentation is better than not having the correct documentation.

Enjoy your cruise.

I took my grand daughter on a cruise in 2011 and I printed out the Camp Carnival information and had her mother sign it. My daughter is the only one listed on the birth cert. I also had her give me a medical poa as well as one giving me permission to take her outside the US and into Mexico. Both were notorzied. As it turns out, our's turned into a cruise to nowhere - Fogzilla cruise - so I never needed any of the above. All I need to board with her was her BC. When my daughter and both my grandkids went later that year, all we needed for her kids where their bc's. Again, her name is the only one on the BC. So no need for the "other parent" to sign. But if both parents are listed...then both MUST sign.

Edited by Raven Days

I have taken 4 of my grandchildren, ages 3 - 13, all on different cruises. I always get the signed, notarized medical authorization and permission to leave the US. I have never been asked to produce it. I have never even been asked for it in any other country when boarding after a day in port.

TSA has asked my older grandchildren their full names and who they are traveling with.

I have signed the Camp Carnival paperwork.

We take our Grandchildren with us on our cruises. We have been asked before in Mexico when boarding the ship again for a paper from the parents. We always take an authorized form from each parent for medical and the letter allowing us to take the children out of the country.

You can google authorization letter or look in this forum for one. Now that our Grandchildren are older they have been questioned about their name and what our relationship is.

We've taken 6 of our grandchildren on a cruise for their 16th birthdays...I've always had a notarized letter for both medical, dental and permission to take them out of the country. I've never been asked to see the permission letters and thankfully never needed the medical or dental permissions. I can tell you that the kids went to O2 and we signed the forms they needed so that they could attend. As someone else said, better to have too much documentation than not enough for sure..