Embarking at Dubai

cruiseluvva

We have just booked the last leg of the QM2,s world voyage, embarking at Dubai. As UK citizens, what is the situation regarding visas?

We arrive, embark and sail all on the same day, so are really only in transit.

Has anyone from the UK done this? Thanks for any replies.

I hope you know what to expect. From leaving the Emirates to reaching Northern Egypt a high security policy will ben consequently followed by the ships managment.

After sunset all windows have to be blinded, all outside areas exept deck 8 aft will be closed. Balconies may not be used.

This was the worst part of a ruise ever. In my case it was sharped by missing 70tons provision at Piraeus when going in the opposote direction as we were redirected to Heraklion instead with 8hrs notice.

[quote name='cunardaddict']I hope you know what to expect. From leaving the Emirates to reaching Northern Egypt a high security policy will ben consequently followed by the ships managment.

After sunset all windows have to be blinded, all outside areas exept deck 8 aft will be closed. Balconies may not be used.

This was the worst part of a ruise ever. In my case it was sharped by missing 70tons provision at Piraeus when going in the opposote direction as we were redirected to Heraklion instead with 8hrs notice.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we have cruised through this region before and found it rather good.

Hi Gill,

Sorry you had to cancel your Dec 2014 QM2 cruise, but glad you have been able to rebook on QM2 for a 2014 WC segment. How long is the segment? That will give you a few months to get ready.:) When you return it will be QV and then onto QE 2015...nicely planned.

How is your mother by the way? Is she settled in alright?

[quote name='alibabacruisers']Hi Gill,

Sorry you had to cancel your Dec 2014 QM2 cruise, but glad you have been able to rebook on QM2 for a 2014 WC segment. How long is the segment? That will give you a few months to get ready.:) When you return it will be QV and then onto QE 2015...nicely planned.

How is your mother by the way? Is she settled in alright?[/QUOTE]

Hi Barbara

How nice of you to remember. This one is 18 nights, not too many exciting ports,in fact none at all that we haven't done before, but lots of warm weather and time onboard.

Mum is now nicely settled in her new flat and we have sorted out and disposed of the mountain of "stuff" she had accumulated in her last place! The last voyage just wasn't meant to be - hopefully this one is :D

Gill

I think it is a nice span ...every 5 months or so. As you say, since you have been to the ports, this one will be for relaxing and of course, it will keep you in cruise mode for the next one.

It is amazing how much "stuff" a person can accumulate in no time. You don't realize what it means to have to go through and sort things until you actually have to do it...whew! The amount of work it must have taken. I hope your mother is doing okay at her new residence.

On a different note....my husband had me laughing so hard.....he is not very good with geography and asked "where is Wales..is it a separate country?" I had to pull out the good old map of the UK and give a lecture (very amateur lecture). I now must do some reading about Wales...so thanks for the chance to learn about your country! I always love the chance to learn a bit. Edited by alibabacruisers