Can I order a bottle of liquor for my Divina cabin?

judyzoo

Is there some way that, before my cruise on Divina, I can order a bottle of liquor to be delivered to my cabin?

Log in to or register at your local MSC web site, and see what is available for pre-booking. There is a huge choice and it varies by ship, itinerary and time of year. Log in and see.

Tim.

Log in to or register at your local MSC web site, and see what is available for pre-booking. There is a huge choice and it varies by ship, itinerary and time of year. Log in and see.

Tim.

Can you give me some idea of where on the website I might find this? Is there a tab for it somewhere?

As far as I'm aware it's only things like champagne or Prosecco you can pre order to have in your cabin, not bottles of spirits.

There is the mini bar which is not as bad as some hotel prices. You could also take a bottle onboard in your luggage.

You could also take a bottle onboard in your luggage.

Have you had personal success in this Amo?

The one downside of the regular Allegrissimo is that one cannot have a quiet drink or a party in one's own state room. A couple of smuggled bottles would change that.

Have you had personal success in this Amo?

The one downside of the regular Allegrissimo is that one cannot have a quiet drink or a party in one's own state room. A couple of smuggled bottles would change that.

Yes., but not often because of weight allowances. We did pick up a bottle at Gatwick and take that on in our hand luggage without challenge. It must have shown up on the X-ray but the Mosad boys didn't seem to care. Also brought on limoncello in Naples in a Limoncello carrier bag and didn't get stopped.

The rules are it's not allowed but they don't seem to enforce the rule very often.

I tend not to Boyer now as my free bottle of Moët usually lasts a few evenings (I come prepared with a bottle stopper specifically for bubbly - I learnt to be prepared in the brownies!)

Edited by AmoMondo

As far as I'm aware it's only things like champagne or Prosecco you can pre order to have in your cabin, not bottles of spirits.

There is the mini bar which is not as bad as some hotel prices. You could also take a bottle onboard in your luggage.

I stopped trying to smuggle liquor on board several years ago, when I discovered that I could (legally) order a bottle for delivery to my cabin, although at an exorbitant price. But if I can't do that on MSC I may need to revert to my old ways. Or, perhaps your mini bar suggestion might do.

Some lines allow you to order a bottle from room service for consumption in the cabin. Any chance that MSC does that?

I stopped trying to smuggle liquor on board several years ago, when I discovered that I could (legally) order a bottle for delivery to my cabin, although at an exorbitant price. But if I can't do that on MSC I may need to revert to my old ways. Or, perhaps your mini bar suggestion might do.

Some lines allow you to order a bottle from room service for consumption in the cabin. Any chance that MSC does that?

Sorry don't know as I've never tried. The room service menus say you can order from the normal bar service and the only bottles you can get on that are wine. Hopefully MSC. USA will be able to answer your question during the week.

Is there some way that, before my cruise on Divina, I can order a bottle of liquor to be delivered to my cabin?

We have packed a bottle in our suitcase and do did our friends. When we got to our cabin our suitcase had nothing on but our friends had a sticker saying bottle in bag...nothing happened.

We have packed a bottle in our suitcase and do did our friends. When we got to our cabin our suitcase had nothing on but our friends had a sticker saying bottle in bag...nothing happened.

Was that in Miami?

MSC provides reasonably priced beer and wine vouchers on Caribbean cruises. Bottled spirits in the cabin are yet to be resolved. Even CCL offered a litre of Pernod for $40us. MSC should consider a cabin delivered bottle at a reasonable price, at least on US departures if not elsewhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't found any way to get a bottle of liquor for my cabin, but I have discovered that a bottle of wine can be ordered for the cabin. It can't be ordered online; must phone and pay for it at the time it is ordered. Red or white, just an ordinary bottle, but around restaurant price -- $25.

You can pre order wine vouchers - 7 at about $12 each - choice of 2 red, 2 white and 1 rose - all Italiano <grin> - they will keep it for you in dining room

you can walk a glass out...and sometimes a bottle, depend on waiter

I did buy the Allegrissimo package, but like the idea of knowing that I'll always have a drink available in my cabin when I want it, without having to carry glasses around the ship.

• Like 1

Interesting... Now how does this work for yacht club..say if I want a drink of something not in the minibar? I didn't think we could take the glasses back to our room after ordering at the bar.

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using Tapatalk

Interesting... Now how does this work for yacht club..say if I want a drink of something not in the minibar? I didn't think we could take the glasses back to our room after ordering at the bar.

Of course you can. You can take any drinks, from the bars or restaurants, back to your room (Yacht Club or not).

Sure; once you buy a drink it's yours and you can take it just about anywhere -- with the glass.

You can order a few drinks at a bar, pour them into a travel cup with a lid, and take it back to your cabin. And with your Allegrissimo package, you'll save money.

For others who like beer, just buy them and bring them to your cabin.

I think Carnival has a really good bon voyage package for the cabins.

Sure; once you buy a drink it's yours and you can take it just about anywhere -- with the glass.

Oh thanks for the info..this makes me happy...since we only get drinks that are given to us in the YC lounge...now I can go to the other parts and still have my drink and mingle with other people too without spending more money..now to figure out how to get a big giant cocktail to take so I dont have to go back..hahaha:D