what would you choose-balcony or minisuite?

baby

If you had a choice of a balcony room on the carib deck in the middle of the ship or choice to an upgrade to a mini-suite in the back of the ship on the dolphin deck on the coral princess what would you do?

Will I feel the motion alot more in the back of the ship

Opinions, please?/

carol

Mini-suite in a heartbeat You will feel little motion in the aft end of the Coral.. I have been in 3 minis on the Coral.. Forward, Mid and Aft.. They all ride the same.. The couch, extra TV, bathtub, larger shower and bathroom makes for a better cruise experience. Also, the self-service laundry is aft..

we just had the same choice on Caribbean Princess and chose the balacony on caribe deck, even though the minisuite was cheaper. The minisuite balconies have no cover and are completely exposed to the balcony above on caribe deck. Caribe deck cabins are smaller but have a very big balcony which is half covered.

I don't need the extra space so would only get a minisuite if it was less than a balcony cabin.. which I personally have never had the option of choosing!! And I would NEVER EVER book a cabin/suite with an exposed balcony.. Got upgraded to "handicap access" minisuite on Dolphin Deck on the Grand about 3 years ago at the last minute.. I was ecstatic until I remembered the balcony wasn't covered.. it was drizzly two days and we could have enjoyed a covered balcony and a good book but ... unfortunately:(

Largin is correct!

After lots of research we booked a mini suite (aft) on the Island. We get a larger cabin, a covered balcony, and unobstructed views since there are no bump out cabins on the Dolphin Deck ;)

I'm honestly not that enamoured of the minisuites. I prefer a larger balcony over a larger cabin.

But, I think this is just one of those things you have to decide for yourself. It's like trying to decide what your favorite color will be, based on other people's opinions. :)

Keep in mind that most mini balconies on the Dolphin deck on all Princess ships are fully exposed. We sailed in A503 on the Island and A504 on the Coral. We loved these minisuites, but the balconies are quite small, however, it didn't bother us at all. Other reasons we prefer the minis -- We love the sitting area and really like the full bath.

We love the mini-suites for the extra space - couch, bathroom, etc. We like covered balconies, so we choose the category AD Emerald Deck (on grand class ships) to get the covered balcony.

If you had a choice of a balcony room on the carib deck in the middle of the ship or choice to an upgrade to a mini-suite in the back of the ship on the dolphin deck on the coral princess what would you do?

Will I feel the motion alot more in the back of the ship

Opinions, please?/

carol

Absolutely grab the mini-suite. We had C717 on the Coral and LOVED it (had BC on Grand prior to that) The aft cabins are near those wonderful aft decks which I thought were just the best for viewing the Panama Canal. We never felt any motion whatsoever. The extra space is wonderful. We loved having all of that countertop in the bathroom (and the tub even though were not "fluffy" people) and the second "countertop" area in the suite we used for our bar set-up. Plus, we were near the laundry which for me was a big plus since we were travelling with our young boys.

Archived