Can you bring on Soda and Water?

tz67

This is my first NCL cruise. Other ships I've been on allow you to bring a limited supply of soda and water, is this true for NCL? I know you can buy a soda card, but it's so expensive.

On our past two trips out of Tampa we duct taped three 12 packs of Coke products together and fashioned a handle out of the tape. I just added a cabin tag and it was delivered along with our suitcases.

Has that always been the case? I could've sworn back in 2011 when I was planning our first cruise that I read it was not allowed so for that one and our 2nd one, we didn't even try to bring anything. On our 3rd one a few months ago, we brought a 6 pack of diet Dr. Pepper and had no issue whatsoever. Maybe I had my signals crossed?

Yes, you can bring water and soda onboard. Some ports will take it as checked baggage others will make you carry it onboard. We have found the $6.25 per adult per day to be very reasonable when most bottled soda in a hotel gift shop or airport is $2.50 to $2.95. We don't drink alcohol so the unlimited fountain soda breaks even in our mind after 2 refills of the cup a day. Even if we only drink a soda with lunch and dinner it is an even break in our minds, any addition with snack etc is a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has that always been the case? I could've sworn back in 2011 when I was planning our first cruise that I read it was not allowed so for that one and our 2nd one, we didn't even try to bring anything. On our 3rd one a few months ago, we brought a 6 pack of diet Dr. Pepper and had no issue whatsoever. Maybe I had my signals crossed?

Yes it has always been the case, I've brought cases of soda onboard since we started cruising with NCL in early 2009.

Edited by Demonyte