Breakaway/inside?

tokidoki

Happy new year! Since I took a cheapie inside, just wondering what the inside has as far as outlets, always need to plug in my sound soother and what's the lights situation? I keep reading about using some type of card to keep the lights on? Thx

I wasn't in an inside, but figure most rooms will be the same. We had four outlets-- two American, two European. I can answer about the card-- your room key is used to turn the lights on-- energy efficiency reasons. People figured out that any old card in the slot will do. Play around with the switches to figure out which will turn the light on by the bed. And remember that you need to keep a card in the slot to keep the juice flowing in the outlets, in case you want to leave something charging in your room.

The "Breakaway" was just beautiful~~took a balcony for myself instead of a "solo" cabin~~the light thing was the only thing that got me until I got use to it~~I found a light by the bed for reading and sometimes just left my balcony outside light on~~you will find a way and enjoy! I am going on the "Gem" again in October for an 11-day of the Caribbean! Happy sailing!:)

Thanks! Will bring extension plug, but still a bit confused about putting a card to keep lights on?

There is a slot on the wall as you enter the room to place your room key. That will activate the lights, temperature control, and outlets in your room. Without a card in that slot, there will be no electricity flowing in your cabin (a very common practice in Europe to control energy costs).

As others have stated, any card in that slot will do. Everything from a grocery store card to a business card will work.

You can leave it in for the week, but after 24 hours you must take it out and put it back in again. Make it part of your morning routine if you need power 24/7.

That's interesting. We never removed our card during the entire week. No issues. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

if you don't have anything plugged in when you're OUT of the room, then you don't need an extra card to put in the slot. I liked having a definite place to leave the room key so I didn't have to look for it when I was leaving the room.

I was in a Breakaway studio - one plug near the bed and 3 (or 4) near the sink. Depends how many things you need to have plugged in at once if that's enough or not :)