RCI WOW sale actually Wowed me!

I am usually a sceptic on early bird and wow sales at Royal Caribbean, but we were looking at a cruise for Feb 2015, and to get a Junior Suite for less than a normal balcony, well that did impress me. (Junior suites are about 50% larger in size.)

It was a $1400 discount on an 11 night cruise, plus we got more for our normal C&A level discount. I know prices can still drop down the track, but this time I am going to stick with what I say. If you are happy with the price and the cabin, jump at it and enjoy! :D

I am usually a sceptic on early bird and wow sales at Royal Caribbean, but we were looking at a cruise for Feb 2015, and to get a Junior Suite for less than a normal balcony, well that did impress me. (Junior suites are about 50% larger in size.)

It was a $1400 discount on an 11 night cruise, plus we got more for our normal C&A level discount. I know prices can still drop down the track, but this time I am going to stick with what I say. If you are happy with the price and the cabin, jump at it and enjoy! :D

Congratulations...It sounds great. Its good to secure a cabin you want.:)

Thanks David! We said this time we would not book another cruise before we sailed on our next one in a few weeks, but that is the fun of looking to research the prices. It gives you the chance to say that we just couldn't pass up a deal like that! We have over 12 months to save the balance anyhow. We are going on a normal balcony this next cruise, which will be fantastic also, but we do like the size of the junior suite. :D

Ditto! I too was doing some "research" and found a Junior Suite on Radiance in February 2015 for less per night than we usually book an Oceanview cabin so I snapped it up too.

Sometimes, it pays to do the "research".

I had a junior suite booked for a cruise on Rhapsody in November when I saw the prices change on the 31 Dec I called my booking agent and told them I would now like to change my booking to a grand suite. They cancelled my cruise and I rebooked. I ended up getting a grand suite and saved $450 on the price I was paying for my cruise.

I had a junior suite booked for a cruise on Rhapsody in November when I saw the prices change on the 31 Dec I called my booking agent and told them I would now like to change my booking to a grand suite. They cancelled my cruise and I rebooked. I ended up getting a grand suite and saved $450 on the price I was paying for my cruise.

Great New Year sales! :D

...... those that are left for our upcoming October cruise are not in the position that we like to be (mid-ship, preferably near the elevators) so even though we would save about $200 each by cancelling and re-booking, we'd probably lose our great cabins so no, not worth it for us!

I gave up a corner aft junior Suite so someone will be able to snag a great cabin with my decision to change :) The only reason I did it is because there will be four of us, my sister, son (14) daughter (22) and myself. I wanted the extra space inside the cabin that a grand suite offers so that we can fit a rollaway bed. I was looking forward to the great balcony the corner aft cabin has but of well you can't have everything :).

The sale says its for new bookings only. How strictly is that enforced? For a cruise a year away can I cancel a balcony and book a junior suite on the same cruise? How about cancel a junior suite and book a different junior suite on the same cruise?

It is my understanding that you only lose your deposit in Aus if you are within 5 months of sailing. So you might have to wait for your deposit refund, and book the new cruise and pay another deposit up front for it?

I am guessing here. I am pretty sure you can't upgrade your current booking, as you say, it is for new bookings.

Ditto! I too was doing some "research" and found a Junior Suite on Radiance in February 2015 for less per night than we usually book an Oceanview cabin so I snapped it up too.

Sometimes, it pays to do the "research".

We were looking at Radiance in Feb 15 too, as it is our favourite ship, but we liked the Cairns Post option of the Rhapsody cruise we ended up with. So hard to choose sometimes!

It is my understanding that you only lose your deposit in Aus if you are within 5 months of sailing. So you might have to wait for your deposit refund, and book the new cruise and pay another deposit up front for it?

I am guessing here. I am pretty sure you can't upgrade your current booking, as you say, it is for new bookings.

Yes, I think you are right. I am waiting for my deposit to be refunded and paid another deposit today for the new booking. There were no fees from my travel agent to do this but on my last cruise I had to make similar changes and there was a cost involved from the travel agent side.....

You lot are bad for the bank account :D

Ofcause I read this thread, thought, stuff it, let's see if RCI can wow me across, & sure enough balcony cabs out of Sydney for Easter 2015 at a ripper price!!! *shakes head* :rolleyes: you lot are going to get me banned from here :D:p

Edited by Cruise_me_Crazy

You lot are bad for the bank account :D

Ofcause I read this thread, thought, stuff it, let's see if RCI can wow me across, & sure enough balcony cabs out of Sydney for Easter 2015 at a ripper price!!! *shakes head* :rolleyes: you lot are going to get me banned from here :D:p

Out of interest how much were these cabins?

(departing Syd 6 April 2015?)