Cellar Masters??

spunke

I've seen lots of posts by folks who've never been to cellar masters as they are under the impression that all they have is machines and no bar service. I wonder if the elimination of these machines will help people realize that the venue is much more than the equivalent of a wine automat.

They've changed the configuration of Cellar Masters around since Solstice. I don't recall them having an actual "bar" on Reflection where you can go in, sit down, and order a glass of wine. Just the Head Sommelier in there trying to get everyone to purchase a wine card for the machines. Maybe that's where he gets his "tips."

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry my last post was garbled. Was distracted by football playoffs and didn't spell check. Shane told me that the enomatic machines were not maintained. The contract withy the company that provided them is over. Shane said that the machinery would eventually be removed from all the Cellar Masters.

Any idea on the timeframe? Sailing on the Infinity on March 30th, and Cellermasters and Blu were the reasons we choose Celebrity.

Any idea on the timeframe? Sailing on the Infinity on March 30th, and Cellermasters and Blu were the reasons we choose Celebrity.

Cellermasters is not closing, they are removing the machines. Which is interesting, because they are so well received on RCCL.

They've changed the configuration of Cellar Masters around since Solstice. I don't recall them having an actual "bar" on Reflection where you can go in, sit down, and order a glass of wine. Just the Head Sommelier in there trying to get everyone to purchase a wine card for the machines. Maybe that's where he gets his "tips."

On Reflection it looked and felt more like the original Michaels did on the Century back in 1996. The server or Som would go to the back and get the bottle we wanted, bring it to a table, pour, then return the bottle to the back. A lot of wasted steps which made service very very slow. But very nice seating with windows, comfortable area.

Edited by wallie5446

Cellermasters is not closing, they are removing the machines. Which is interesting, because they are so well received on RCCL.

We loved the system on the Reflection. I love to try new wines, and the small pours are great. Found a few new favorites. I am curious how the new set up will work. If anyone know, I am curious.

We also loved the Cellar Masters on our recent cruise. Because Cellar Masters has 24 hour access to the machines, it might seem no one is using them. My husband frequented them at various times during the day, and loved the fact he could just pop in and out and carry his glass of wine around anywhere he wished. The other great thing about the machines was that you didn't have to get a full glass of wine to see if you liked it. You could choose from 3 different pours, the smallest being like just a small taste. It's a shame that they are being removed. Maybe they need to revamp the concept as some other posters have suggested on other threads so people who buy the alcoholic packages can take advantage of the machines, but I hate to see them scrap the whole concept.

On Reflection it looked and felt more like the original Michaels did on the Century back in 1996. The server or Som would go to the back and get the bottle we wanted, bring it to a table, pour, then return the bottle to the back. A lot of wasted steps which made service very very slow. But very nice seating with windows, comfortable area.

I actually enjoyed the service as you described. It did take a bit longer, but it is consistent with service in upscale wine bars especially when coupled with the fact that they use nice Riedel glasses. It is easy enough to get a quick glass anywhere else on the ship so we enjoyed the change. What I didn't like was the constant upsale by Sommelier. It actually put us off going in there because it was always a long sales pitch for a $35 glass of wine followed by a bit of an upturned nose when we went with something within the premium package or a heck of a lot closer. A word with the head Sommelier confirmed we were not the only ones with the complaint. This to me would be more of an explanation for the place being empty.