Problem viewing Seabourn web site

T&C Fulham

Thanks Simon.

I worried when I saw 60+ people had read this message and not one had responded.

It seems that Seabourn are routing their web site through a system called Usablenet. I guess it vets the incoming link and spots if it is a tablet/phone - and then supplies a simplified web page. I have a web site and have been offered that service from a UK company - but declined it.

It has spotted one of my machines is a Nexus and there is a 'report' page for telling them there might be a fault. Snag is that reporting system is also faulty. I have keyed in http://www.seabourn.com and it says I have not entered a URL. Doh!

Too much NYE tipple at mission control at Usablenet?

Most web sites have a webmaster email address but not so Seabourn so I can't even tell them.

I am sure I have looked at the Seabourn site before Christmas on a tablet. Maybe this is a new system with teething problems.

Tony

Thanks chilla.

Sadly my version of Android has not the same level of success in getting back to the proper site.

However, I have heard from the people running the conversion system and they say:-

Dear Tony Gamble

Thank you for your recent feedback about not being able to access seabourn.com on an Android device. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it.

Thanks,

Jen

Jennifer Levy

Team Lead, Project Management

Usablenet

Edited by T&C Fulham

Had same problem for many months, couldn't see more than the home page on Android tablet but could see eerything on Seabourn's website on desktop computer. DS told me to go to the section on my tablet that allows me to choose "request desk top site" and it worked!! Seems the 4 years at university for IT degree has paid off!! LOL

Had same problem for many months, couldn't see more than the home page on Android tablet but could see eerything on Seabourn's website on desktop computer. DS told me to go to the section on my tablet that allows me to choose "request desk top site" and it worked!! Seems the 4 years at university for IT degree has paid off!! LOL

Thanks Jack - it works!

Simon :)

Depending upon which browser you're using you can request the "normal" desktop page (it works fine for me on Android 4.3/FireFox - Current and Chrome current - but only if I request the desktop site). Otherwise I get the junk (un)Usablenet page.

In Chrome this is what you want to check:

chromereq-XL.png

In FireFox this is what you want to enable:

ffreq-XL.png

If you want to geek out and add phony to FireFox you can have your phone pretend to be something else - these are the options that Phony adds

phonyopts-XL.png

Seabourns page working on Android/Chrome

chromedisplay-XL.png

Seabourns page working on Android/FireFox

ffdisplay-XL.png