beach near pier/carnival excursion

flcruiser08

We will be traveling with a 6 month old and no car seat and would like to visit a beach but know it might be short lived if no shade

I have been to Cozumel numerous times and can't recall if there is a beach within walking distance. Anyone know?

Also we are going with Carnival so maybe we would feel safe in a bus, any decent beach excursions with shade that you recommend?

:confused:

We did nachi cocum a couple of years ago, there's plenty of shade but its a cab ride down to the resort! I'm assuming you have concerns with the cab ride?

Yeah we've gone to Nachi before and loved it, but don't want to risk the crazy cab ride with baby

There are 3 peir areas in Coz, so it sort of depends upon which pier your ship is at, although beach wise there's not much close to any of them (especially downtown). I'd bring the car seat and open up your options to many more beaches with good shade and service.

We will be traveling with a 6 month old and no car seat and would like to visit a beach but know it might be short lived if no shade

I have been to Cozumel numerous times and can't recall if there is a beach within walking distance. Anyone know?

Also we are going with Carnival so maybe we would feel safe in a bus, any decent beach excursions with shade that you recommend?

do not think there is a beach with in walking distance from ship dock, plenty of safe cab drivers { i would feel less safe in a shuttle bus)that you can hire at agreed opon price to take you too a few beachs with tables chairs and shade, most allow you to use each, just buy a drink or food... enjoy

if you are on a Carnvial ship, most likely you'll dock at Puerta Maya. There is a small beach there. And of course shade is near by at the shopping area. And I think a couple of palapas scattered around close tot eh shopping area. Not the best of the beaches, but certainly an alternative if you have concerns about lack of car seats. Bring your own towels from the ship. Also you can go to Los Cinco Soles and Pancho's Backyard at the end of the shopping area and sit outside on the patio and walk on that part of the beach.

If you're at Puerta Maya pier then Park Royal or El Cid would be within walking distance and have small beach area. Pay as you go and All Inclusive options available.

Has anyone been to Park Royal Recently. We have done this 3 different time and love the place. I emailed them to confirm the still offer day passes, but did not hear back. Are they still $40?

Looks like as of October they still had the $40 pass.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1911436

Edited by CDNJehn

• 2 weeks later...

Rather not do El Cid or Park Royal.

How 'far' walking is the beach? What is not walkable for one person is walkable for another. And would you go left or right? We will be at the Carnival pier.

We also have a baby and do not want to ride in a taxi.