Disney Fantasy - Port Canaveral - hotel with free/cheap transfers?

Hswillia07

Hi there,

We're going to be sailing on the Disney Fantasy out of Port Canaveral and I'm wondering if anyone has tips for a good hotel to stay at the night before and night after the cruise. I'm hoping to find one with free or cheap transfers from the airport and then to the terminal. I'm used to sailing out of Miami, so I'm a little out of my element here...

Thanks very much!

Hi! We've sailed out of Canaveral twice and I would definitely check out Country Inn and Suites. We stayed there the first sailing and LOVED it. In their cruise package they provide parking and a shuttle to the port. It's less than a mile from the port and has a view of the ships from certain rooms. We were really pleased with this hotel. In september we stayed at the Raddison. It included cruise parking and as well as shuttle for two to the port. There are four of us and we ended up having to pay ten a person for the shuttle. The hotel wasn't our cup of tea, sadly. It was a last resort as the Country Inn was booked. Hope this helps! Happy Cruising! :D

The CI&S is a fine hotel if you want to stay in the PC area. However, the hotels in the MCO area cost less and many are nicer. There are none that I know of with FREE transfers from the MCO area to PC, but there are many that offer a package including transportation for a really big savings.

My favorite is the Hyatt Place NW (this is NOT the Hyatt MCO). Look under "specials" on their web site for curent prices. They offer complimentary transportation MCO to hotel and back for all guests (no need for special on this.) The cruise package includes breakfast (also standard for all) and round trip transportation to port. I've seen prices higher than what we paid, but all were still a huge bargain. NICE hotel--nothing fancy, but great breakfast, clean, nice facility.

They Wyndham MCO has a similar package--worse service for more money. I've read that the Hampton also offers a cruise transportation package, but no personal experience with it.

The only downside is there is only one cruise departure per day at about 10:30. Gets you to the terminal about 11:30.

The CI&S is a fine hotel if you want to stay in the PC area. However' date=' the hotels in the MCO area cost less and many are nicer. There are none that I know of with FREE transfers from the MCO area to PC, but there are many that offer a package including transportation for a really big savings.

My favorite is the Hyatt Place NW (this is NOT the Hyatt MCO). Look under "specials" on their web site for curent prices. They offer complimentary transportation MCO to hotel and back for all guests (no need for special on this.) The cruise package includes breakfast (also standard for all) and round trip transportation to port. I've seen prices higher than what we paid, but all were still a huge bargain. NICE hotel--nothing fancy, but great breakfast, clean, nice facility.

They Wyndham MCO has a similar package--worse service for more money. I've read that the Hampton also offers a cruise transportation package, but no personal experience with it.

The only downside is there is only one cruise departure per day at about 10:30. Gets you to the terminal about 11:30.[/quote']

Thanks very much for this info. I am always looking for something like this, because I don't always want to stay WDW if it's only for one night.

Thanks very much for this info. I am always looking for something like this, because I don't always want to stay WDW if it's only for one night.

When we get in early enough to enjoy WDW (parks or resort or DTD), that is great. However, I'm a firm believer in arriving the day before the cruise, even if that means we arrive just in time to crawl into a bed--leaving home at noon or even after school/work depending on flight times. In that case, I find it easier as well as less costly to stay in the MCO area. If I'm using a rental car to get to the port or using DCL transfers, I've booked the hotel on Priceline for well under $50 including taxes for a 2.5* (at this level, all include a shuttle to/from MCO and breakfast).

For only one night with a "just in time for bed" arrival, it isn't worth WDW in terms of either cost or travel.

Hi there,

We're going to be sailing on the Disney Fantasy out of Port Canaveral and I'm wondering if anyone has tips for a good hotel to stay at the night before and night after the cruise. I'm hoping to find one with free or cheap transfers from the airport and then to the terminal. I'm used to sailing out of Miami, so I'm a little out of my element here...

Thanks very much!

We are a party of 7 Booked on the Fantasy July 26, 2014 arriving in Orlando From Dayton, Ohio and Cleveland, Ohio and Los Angeles, CA.

We booked 2 Suites @ the Embassy Suites using Hilton HHonors Points They have a Free shuttle to and from the Airport The also have cook to order breakfast and cocktail party pm.

We also booked a Co Mears Destinations Services (407-843-2404 / 855-463-2776) to transport us @ 10:30 am from the Hotel to Port Canaveral Disney Fantasy and pick us up a week later @ 10:30 am and return us to Orlando International Air port to fly Home

(Total Price $441.00) for all 7 of us

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

We are a party of 7 Booked on the Fantasy July 26, 2014 arriving in Orlando From Dayton, Ohio and Cleveland, Ohio and Los Angeles, CA.

We booked 2 Suites @ the Embassy Suites using Hilton HHonors Points They have a Free shuttle to and from the Airport The also have cook to order breakfast and cocktail party pm.

We also booked a Co Mears Destinations Services (407-843-2404 / 855-463-2776) to transport us @ 10:30 am from the Hotel to Port Canaveral Disney Fantasy and pick us up a week later @ 10:30 am and return us to Orlando International Air port to fly Home

(Total Price $441.00) for all 7 of us

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Just to put in perspective--you got your hotel free using your points, so you are paying for transportation to the port only. $441 for 7 people. You didn't note if that includes a tip for the driver, and it doesn't include the tips for the porters who will handle your luggage at the drop off.

The most fair comparison would be DCL transfers at $70 per person round trip-including your luggage handling by the porters. While there is a sign in the bus about tips accepted, not many people tip the bus driver. Sorry, I tip if he does something for me besides driving from point A to point B, but if that's all he does, that was covered in my fee. SO, transfers for 7 would be $490. You saved about $50, but you'll need to add tips. HOWEVER, you got the service on your schedule, not on someone else's timing.

Just to put in perspective--you got your hotel free using your points' date=' so you are paying for transportation to the port only. $441 for 7 people. You didn't note if that includes a tip for the driver, and it doesn't include the tips for the porters who will handle your luggage at the drop off.

The most fair comparison would be DCL transfers at $70 per person round trip-including your luggage handling by the porters. While there is a sign in the bus about tips accepted, not many people tip the bus driver. Sorry, I tip if he does something for me besides driving from point A to point B, but if that's all he does, that was covered in my fee. SO, transfers for 7 would be $490. You saved about $50, but you'll need to add tips. HOWEVER, you got the service on your schedule, not on someone else's timing.[/quote']

Yes The $441.00 includes the tip and round trip (Also Privet Limo or Van Not a Bus

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Edited by STUR

We just stayed at Country inn and suites and it was perfect for our needs. Party of 6. breakfast included. Parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle to and from port. Hardly and wait at all either coming or going. 10:30 shuttle for 11:00 PTA. $179.00 covered all of the

above. We did tip the porter and driver which were additional.

We stayed at the Hyatt inside the MCO airport and took Disney transportation from MCO to the cruise port and felt it was totally worth it.

We were the first Fantasy cruise after Hurricane Sandy. We got into MCO very late the night before and the cruise was delayed the next day. The night before we were able to just head right up to our hotel room rather than worrying about taking a shuttle to a hotel, etc.

The next morning, Disney started loading the buses about two hours after the scheduled time because the previous cruise was arriving late, thusly making our cruise leave a little later as well. This made our hotel room upstairs invaluable because rather than waiting with the masses of families, we were able to take the kids back to our room and watch TV for a little longer.

It wasn't cheap, but I think of all the options available, it was the simplest. We plan to repeat it this fall for next cruise.

The Hyatt MCO is without a doubt the most convenient option. As noted, it is also one of the most costly. The "worth it" factor has to be an individual decision.

If you stay here, it is far more cost effective to eat at the airport restaurants/food court than to pay for food at the Hyatt MCO. There are many options in the airport.

The Hyatt MCO is without a doubt the most convenient option. As noted' date=' it is also one of the most costly. The "worth it" factor has to be an individual decision.

If you stay here, it is far more cost effective to eat at the airport restaurants/food court than to pay for food at the Hyatt MCO. There are many options in the airport.[/quote']

You might try calling the hotel directly for a rate. By using my employer's negotiated discount, I got about 50% knocked off of the big internet TA rate. Government employees get a steep discount also.

They threw in a continental breakfast also. I was able to use the continental breakfast voucher for a discount at the breakfast buffet.

Edited by Host Mick

They threw in a continental breakfast also. I was able to use the continental breakfast voucher for a discount at the breakfast buffet.

Now that is interesting...I had a business rate code that included the continental breakfast (which was rather minimal), but it was not in a voucher. My room key let me into the room with the continental breakfast. We decided that the buffet was not worth $15 per person, and no one said anything about a discount since our rate included the smaller breakfast. Not that we needed food. After all, we were going to the Fantasy and non-stop food for a week!

Now that is interesting...I had a business rate code that included the continental breakfast (which was rather minimal)' date=' but it was not in a voucher. My room key let me into the room with the continental breakfast. We decided that the buffet was not worth $15 per person, and no one said anything about a discount since our rate included the smaller breakfast. Not that we needed food. After all, we were going to the Fantasy and non-stop food for a week![/quote']

We stay there the night before we check in at WDW. We have a better chance of getting our room requests if we check in early in the morning rather than late at night.

We ordered the buffet and I just tossed the certificate on the table because I thought that it was no good. The waiter saw it and offered to apply the credit. Nice.

Edited by Host Mick