Likelihood of an April 2015 Alaska cruise?

spazwok

Hi

I am working on a 6 week itinerary for a trip we plan to take in 2015. We are currently booked on the 16 Day Panama Canal cruise with HAL departing FLL on the 11th of April. That cruise ends in San Diego on the 27th of April and we're hoping to fly to Vancouver, with the hope there will be a 7 day Alaska departure from Vancouver between 27-30th of April.

I know that in 2014 there is a departure on the 30th of April, and HAL seems to be one of the only cruise lines offering April Alaska departures. Is this common for them?

Do you think it's likely there will be on in 2015?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

April or early May might be fine for an Alaska cruise, but if you plan to do any land touring when you reach Alaska, many vendors, activites, parks don't open until Memorial Day or even later.

Does that mean the available shore tours are limited?

I am not sure which cruiselines you will consider and also if you are looking for round trip, or one way cruise schedule. Carnival also has an April cruise for this year departing on April 28 from Vancouver and ending in Seattle.

Hi

I am working on a 6 week itinerary for a trip we plan to take in 2015. We are currently booked on the 16 Day Panama Canal cruise with HAL departing FLL on the 11th of April. That cruise ends in San Diego on the 27th of April and we're hoping to fly to Vancouver, with the hope there will be a 7 day Alaska departure from Vancouver between 27-30th of April.

I know that in 2014 there is a departure on the 30th of April, and HAL seems to be one of the only cruise lines offering April Alaska departures. Is this common for them?

Do you think it's likely there will be on in 2015?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

Why don't you consider continuing on to Vancouver from San Diego . The three days are usually cheaper than flying from California to Vancouver.

I am not sure which cruiselines you will consider and also if you are looking for round trip, or one way cruise schedule. Carnival also has an April cruise for this year departing on April 28 from Vancouver and ending in Seattle.

We are not fussy on cruise line, but ideally we'd need a 7 day cruise. We're also not fussy on start and end point - so it could be one way or round trip. Thanks for letting me know about Carnival. I'll keep them on the radar too.

Why don't you consider continuing on to Vancouver from San Diego . The three days are usually cheaper than flying from California to Vancouver.

This is our second option... but the problem is we're limited with time. Ideally we'd like to spend a day or two in Vancouver but if we stayed on from San Diego to Vancouver we wouldn't be able to with our schedule.