Menu in Blu

Lady Lexus

Being completely relaxed and lazy on the one week Reflection in AQ, I did not take photos of the menu but it appeared similar to the other four times have been in Blu. http://eclipse2011ta.webs.com/blumenus.htm

There were no new dishes that had an 'spe' designation. The short ribs, lamb, veal recipes seemed the same to me. Lobster recipe was the same (had two to test it) but came already removed from shell so no fancy work for the waiter. The Usual three classic entree choices were offered, and four classic desserts (huge apple pie, chocolate cake, etc) if the smaller, lighter desserts offered on the Blu menu don't appeal. Everything we selected was excellent and the service flawless. Breakfast menu was the same too, and my only quibble was the coffee didn't seem as good as on the Eclipse so I switched to tea. But then we sauntered over to the Elite lounge in Tuscan for a cafe mocha and life was good again :)

As mentioned on another thread, for Jan 11th sailing on Reflection we were offered 50% discounts at various speciality restaurants on, I think, five of the seven nights. The offer always came by phone in the morning, so check the message light. The maître d Thomas (excellent, very efficient and friendly) said it is offered when the other restaurants have available reservations. The offer stated it was only for AQ class, the first night it was for any restaurant, other nights only for Lawn Club or Qsine. However, I never saw a wait or overcrowding in Blu at any meal anytime we ate. We did eat in Tuscan the first night where I had a view of the Blu door, and no line formed, so the reason may indeed have less to do with Blu overcrowding and more due a lack of demand for the specialities. This of course will vary widely by the customers on each sailing, and by day and restaurant, just be aware you may have offers to try the other restaurants if in AQ.

Edited by Janet987

Just off the Summit Saturday. We were also leery of the Blu menu not having done it before. We loved Blu. We eat early so never a problem getting a great table. The menu is a little heavy on duck, lamb and fish which we aren't in to, but we were always able to find things we enjoyed. Get to know the Maitre De. My wife is vegetarian and he made arrangements to have special dishes prepared for her not on the regular or vegetarian menus based upon what she liked. He was from India and since my wife likes Indian food, on the last night he had a special Indian dinner made for her. At breakfast in Blu when he found out I wasn't excited about the evening menu he arranged a filet for me that was not on the menu. Breakfast in Blu is also very nice. Not crowded and great service.

If you don't like the menu for Blu check the Select dining menu and go there for dinner. We did it on both formal nights to have dinner with our son and DIL who were not in Aqua. Both Maitre De's said to just go to whichever one we preferred. The Select dining room is just across the hall from Blu.

So far Blu is not my thing. We have only done AQ once. We are doing AQ in May. I'm going to give it another chance. Because it was cheaper than a C2. For me the best thing about Blu is that you eat when you want. I'm just not that fond of some of the items that are on their menus. Here are a few items that I just wont eat. Grilled Tamarind Glazed Quail, Sherry Glazed Pheasant Breast, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Pan Seared Pheasant Breast, Grilled Lamb Chops, Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast, Slow Braised Colorado Lamb Shank, Roasted California Squab(Pigeon), Roasted Semi Boneless Quails, Honey Roasted Squab (Pigeon). Lets not leave out the Kobe meatloaf. I tried the meatloaf and it was bad. I saw here on CC that someone just love the meatloaf and was able to get it again. Great for Celebrity and for him. Richard

Just off the Summit Saturday. We were also leery of the Blu menu not having done it before. We loved Blu. We eat early so never a problem getting a great table. The menu is a little heavy on duck, lamb and fish which we aren't in to, but we were always able to find things we enjoyed. Get to know the Maitre De. My wife is vegetarian and he made arrangements to have special dishes prepared for her not on the regular or vegetarian menus based upon what she liked. He was from India and since my wife likes Indian food, on the last night he had a special Indian dinner made for her. At breakfast in Blu when he found out I wasn't excited about the evening menu he arranged a filet for me that was not on the menu. Breakfast in Blu is also very nice. Not crowded and great service.

If you don't like the menu for Blu check the Select dining menu and go there for dinner. We did it on both formal nights to have dinner with our son and DIL who were not in Aqua. Both Maitre De's said to just go to whichever one we preferred. The Select dining room is just across the hall from Blu.

Maître d Mazy is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Quick question about Blu on Silhouette. What are the breakfast hours? This is our first time in aqua. Thanks for all the menu tips.

It does sound as if X does over describe their dishes- listing every ingredient so it is hard to tell what to really expect. Hoping to get some dishes from everyday menu also. DDIL likes plainer items.

Hi Tn Vol fan,

Think sailed on the Eclipse with you before. The breakfast hours are sea days 8-9:30 and port days 7:30-9. DisEmbarkation 6:30-8.

I agree that they describe many ingredients in the sauce which only adds a hint of flavor, e.g. The wonderful short ribs are three pieces of tender cooked beef, the sauce not a major taste. Dishes are simpler than they sound. Herb crusted lamb is a basic roasted lamb recipe, and the pecan crusted duck breast was prepared perfectly, with a thin crusty skin coating. This week is the chance for you to try new dishes while you can always order multiple entrees (add the classic steak to lobster for surf and turf) or return the one you try for something else from the classic list. Another advantage of having the Blu kitchen nearby, special requests are handled quickly. Have a great cruise in AQ!

So far Blu is not my thing. We have only done AQ once. We are doing AQ in May. I'm going to give it another chance. Because it was cheaper than a C2. For me the best thing about Blu is that you eat when you want. I'm just not that fond of some of the items that are on their menus. Here are a few items that I just wont eat. Grilled Tamarind Glazed Quail, Sherry Glazed Pheasant Breast, Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb, Pan Seared Pheasant Breast, Grilled Lamb Chops, Pomegranate Glazed Duck Breast, Slow Braised Colorado Lamb Shank, Roasted California Squab(Pigeon), Roasted Semi Boneless Quails, Honey Roasted Squab (Pigeon). Lets not leave out the Kobe meatloaf. I tried the meatloaf and it was bad. I saw here on CC that someone just love the meatloaf and was able to get it again. Great for Celebrity and for him. Richard

Everything you listed, except the Kobe meatloaf, sounds great to me! My GF wouldn't care for quail and would most likely pick something else. I guess everyone has a preference.

We loved Blu, and it was our main reason for booking AQ for our next cruise. Of course we've never eaten in the MDR. We only saw it once when we first arrived and toured the ship. It looked like a beautiful room, but the romantic table we had in Blu every night was hard to give up even for going to the specialty restaurants.

• 8 months later...