Port Canaveral shuttle with a car seat

Cam Dizzle

I was wondering if any of you have had past experiences with any of the shuttle services and getting a car seat for your little one. I had done a quick search and there were a few negative reviews about Cocoa Beach Shuttle and renting a car seat but I wanted to see if anyone had any other experiences. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about a car service, but you might want to look into cruise line transfers. They use motorcoaches so no car seats. Because it's a pretty good distance to Port Canaveral from the Orlando Airport it might not be much more to do the transfers (depending on how many in your party).

Some people have mentioned renting cars and returning them near the port (rental car company had shuttle to/from port).

We used one of the multitude of shuttle companies that operate between MCO and Port Canaveral 3 years ago. They no longer show up in a search, and I'm not surprised :). I did have an interesting conversation with the driver on the way back, they told me basically most of these companies book as many people as they can, because many people don't show up and thus don't pay. At that time it was basically a big free for all, whomever could get to a shuttle first got it, regardless of who called ahead. This happened to us as well as 2 other families waiting for shuttles.

I would strongly suggest you either hire a car or find a company with multiple good reviews, especially from people travelling with young children. Adults and teens were pushing past us on a regular basis, and the driver (whom we were addressing by name) would just shrug. It was awful.

As for car seats, bring what you need. We have travelled extensively with our seats and have seen first hand people who were promised seats but were being told they had run out/forgot/didn't have any the right size or were left to figure out how to install a seat they didn't know without a manual. I used to volunteer as a car seat tech (CRST) in Canada, I've installed hundreds of seats and I wouldn't try it. Bring what you know works with your child and that you know how to install. Also make sure you know how to install with a seatbelt, as many shuttles we have used over the years don't have LATCH.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle with 3 young kids (two of my own, the other with friends traveling with us), all of whom needed booster seats. Our experiences were totally positive, all the way. The shuttles were on time in both directions, and the needed seats were provided without any problem. They even popped in a Disney video so the kids could be entertained on the drive.

If you need a car seat (not a booster seat), I can't speak to that. But based on our experiences, I would recommend them without qualification.