Can you avoid buffets all together?

petlover

I rarely, if ever, go to the buffet for breakfast or lunch because of the crowded conditions and lack of available seating, but dinner is not like that at all. I like that I can go at whatever time I want and stay as long as I choose. No waiting for food to arrive for everyone. We probably eat dinner in the buffet about 30% of the time.

At dinnertime the buffet is calm, quiet and relaxing. There's a lovely ambiance and the servers bring drinks and are quite attentive. We always get a table by the window and enjoy such a beautiful view during the meal. VERY different from the daytime experience! :D

Thanks! That's great to know. It's true that we have only been to the buffet at lunch. Will check out evenings!

I love all the info from CC folks.

Three sit-down-meals translates into roughly 6 hrs of eating. This is half of your day. The other hours are spent at the gym, working it off or napping ( not working it off).

This is the main reason why we chose to not eat in the MDR throughout the cruise. A couple times perhaps if we have met a couple whom we would like to spend more time with but we don't LIVE TO EAT...we simply eat to live. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy fine dining and good food, it just isn't that important to tie up so much cruise time. The buffet has great varieties of salads, none of which are offered in the MDR.

Edited by iceleven