Jewel vs voyager Class

I have been on the Mariner and Navigator this past year. I have my eye on the Jewel,sailing next September,as it is a 10 day out of Boston,therefore,nor airfare to worry about,a longer cruise and great ports. Anywho,what are the differences between the two classes?

Just returned from Voyager class ship,we generally cruise the Radiance class.

We found the Radiance class is a little smaller, better service, more elegant and less people. We will return to the Radiance class ship in December. They are also a little cheaper

more spacious,easier to get around,on the voyager class.I dont like the radiance class for the closed in smaller room atmosphere.Also i dont like the phony british colonial raj look they have on the brilliance for one.Also the worst service on all my cruises was on this ship,maybe that colours my judgement a little?

more spacious,easier to get around,on the voyager class.I dont like the radiance class for the closed in smaller room atmosphere.Also i dont like the phony british colonial raj look they have on the brilliance for one.Also the worst service on all my cruises was on this ship,maybe that colours my judgement a little?

Can't say that I agree with most of the above description. I have sailed on both classes and enjoy many features of both, but my preference is for the Radiance class (Jewel) because it rarely lets you lose contact with the outside and the ocean. Most of the lounges and public areas have outside views (the concierge lounge has a great view of the ocean). On Voyager class ships (Mariner) the ships are designed to draw you inside the ship and cut you off from the ocean. On the Royal Promenade it is possible to forget you are on a ship and not in a land-based mall. The concierge lounge, while roomy, is an interior room with no windows to the outside. Windjammer on Mariner has no outside eating area, a nice feature on Jewel. Obviously the Voyager class ships have certain features that aren't available on Radiance class, but as much as we enjoyed the Ice Show and the Royal Promenade, Radiance class ships are still our slight favorites.

We never felt closed in on either class ship and have sailed on both when they were at capacity. Service we received on both classes was superior and very friendly, as we have come to expect on all of our RCI cruises.

We are sailing the Jewel Transatlantic at the end of August and again from Boston to the the Caribbean and back to Boston in October.

Archived