Scuba Lessons

LuvPirate

Looking to book my first cruise soon. I've always been more of a Vegas or fly to island and stay at resort kind of guy but friends keep saying how much they love it so why not give it a try.

Do ports that offer scuba also usually offer scuba classes or should you get certification before the trip?

Looking to book my first cruise soon. I've always been more of a Vegas or fly to island and stay at resort kind of guy but friends keep saying how much they love it so why not give it a try.

Do ports that offer scuba also usually offer scuba classes or should you get certification before the trip?

If you want to do Scuba I would complete the course ahead of time . Remember you'll only have about 6 hours in every port.

If you were doing a week long land based vacation, you could probably be certified by the end of the week. On a cruise visiting different ports? Probably not.

What you can do (which I have done), is take an introductory course. I did this in Grand Cayman. Used up a tank, went over a shipwreck, 30 feet max. Enjoyed it.

My email inbox got bombarded with emails from PADI though.

One option that you can do is a referral course. You do the classroom training and pool session at home before your cruise. The you can do the 4 open water dives through the ship.