How rare is it to get an upgrade call?

grumplin

We received an upsell call to the OWNER'S Suite when we sailed on the Fascination in 2010. The agent even emailed me pictures. Cost would be only $100pp. I told the agent that I'd consult with the wife and call back.

Normally I would've not considered an upsell on Carnival since it would've defeated the purpose of sailing on Carnival as cheaply as possible. But the opportunity to sail in the Owner's Suite is very rare, which is why I thought I'd give it a shot.

When I called again (same agent), I asked if the offer was still on the table and I told her we were ready to accept the upsell! :) Then she asked me which one I wanted, and she proceeded to give me cabin numbers for OCEAN Suites (the tiny suites on the Verandah deck). :confused: I told her that the original offer was for the OWNER's Suite to which she replied that I was wrong and that I probably had misunderstood her. I said no, and reminded her that SHE had even sent me pictures of the OWNER's Suite.

Silence, followed by "Oops!" and "I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I misread the information" :mad: She still tried to sell me on an OCEAN Suite to which I said that the only way I'd take the upgrade was if she offered it for free.

Needless to say, I sailed in my standard oceanview cabin. :o

Looks like my odds of it happening again on our second cruise might be pretty slim then. I'm kind of wish we had booked 2 grand suites instead but no way do I want to pay an extra $800 for 2.

DISNEY that had to be sweet!!!

We have been on 3 Carnival cruises and have been called for upsells 2X. I think your chances are pretty good because on the last one we were booked in an OV and IN cabin and they wanted to upsell both cabins to Jr Suites on the Paradise. And there were no Jr. Suites open prior to sailing, only Grand Suites. So, I assume they upsold the Jr Suites to Grand Suites and then were trying to upsell the OV or IN cabins to the Jr. Suites. We turned it down because we didn't want to spend anymore. I think they wanted $300 per cabin for a 5 nt sailing.

My wife is my travel agent - so I get alot of "calls" about whether we want to upgrade. And my definition of upgrade is one of the following:

1. We can go to a higher-level category of the same class of cabin for no increase. So a better location of inside or oceanview.

2. We can go to the next higher class of cabin (ie. OV to Balcony) for a nominal increase. Such as on Breeze when we went from Cove Balcony to Spa Balcony for less than the cost of the spa pass.

Anything else is an "upSELL". :)

had several UGGs..never an upsell...usually book 1A or 4B....have had 7 out of my last 8...and several when I was Platinum..3 weeks ago had a solo no single supp..got a Grand Suite!..all those starting with TA in April. The caller says it is because I am a loyal Diamond customer..ok..I am good with that!

We received our cabin number for our upcoming Splendor cruise today.

Now, maybe we will get an upsell call or email..Maybe not.

I have received upsell emails before from them. Unless its really a good deal, I dont take it..

Just remember to answer the call..It is from area code 305 I believe.

We received our cabin number for our upcoming Splendor cruise today.

Now, maybe we will get an upsell call or email..Maybe not.

I have received upsell emails before from them. Unless its really a good deal, I dont take it..

Just remember to answer the call..It is from area code 305 I believe.

Hi Limoguy We are on your Splendor cruise. We booked a ocean view guarantee and we still don't have a cabin assignment. Just got off the Carnival web site under Manage my cruise and it still states to be announced. I am I looking in the right place.?

Hi Limoguy We are on your Splendor cruise. We booked a ocean view guarantee and we still don't have a cabin assignment. Just got off the Carnival web site under Manage my cruise and it still states to be announced. I am I looking in the right place.?

Yes, thats where it would be. JUst click your booking #.

We had an OV guarantee as well.

where it says "stateroom" ..I now have a number.

Edited by limoguy1

Yes, thats where it would be. JUst click your booking #.

We had an OV guarantee as well.

where it says "stateroom" ..I now have a number.

Guess I'll try again tomorrow. No assignment today. So did you get a decent cabin? Went on the web site and did fake booking. Looks like there are only2 ocean view cabins left. We would be happy with either one of those cabins.

[quote name='ETski'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Guess I'll try again tomorrow. No assignment today. So did you get a decent cabin? Went on the web site and did fake booking. Looks like there are only2 ocean view cabins left. We would be happy with either one of those cabins. [/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yes, I think its fine. We are hardly in the room anyway.
Its in the back, under the Gold pearl dining room..OV cabin Edited by limoguy1