Miami Marathon Feb 2 blocks roads?

sunnydaygirl

Leaving from Miami on Feb 2. They hold their annual marathon that day. I'm told its huge! Has anyone any experience with this? How long are the roads blocked? Can we still get to port? Thanks for all your help.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Once the throng of runners all clear the starting line shortly after dawn there should be adequate, if slower than normal, access to and from the port. Several miles of US1 (Biscayne Blvd and Brickell Ave) will be closed leading into Downtown Miami. If coming from the airport there will be a signed detour [take I-95 to NW 8 St rather than I-395 to US1] for your taxi/shuttle driver to follow; just remember to pack a little more patience. If staying at a hotel the night before just make sure your driver knows to approach the port area from I-95 rather than US1. The big issue is if staying at a hotel on South Beach: until about 12:30 getting from South Beach to Downtown will require a lengthy detour/expensive cab ride via I-195 and I-95.

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm driving over from Naples so I won't be spending the night there. And my directions have me coming in on I95. So it looks like we should be able to make it, maybe slower but still good. Planing on leaving here at 7:30.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App