Carnival Spirit (Australia cruises)

We are going on Carnival Spirit 3rd march 2014. A couple of questions about this ship.

1. Is it true that you can't smoke on the balcony for this ship (hope this is a yes)

2. Have signed in on the roll call - would be good to see some more fellow travellers here

3. How do I get one of the pods in the serenity area, all my research shows that they get taken and people won't share/vacate for anything!!

4. Fellow traveller is gluten free - can we just advise MDR once on board

5. I have heaps more questions, but this will do for now

Thanks to everyone on this site, even us Aussie travellers get some great tips.:):):):)

We stole it off you forever:D:D:D

It has gone through changes called "Ausification" lol and is now in the lonesome fleet of Carnival Australia:D

Ausification just means they remove all the things we Aussies like about US cruising and replaced them with all the things we hate about Australian cruising like lots more 4 berth cabins and much more expensive weak drinks:)

Edited by fishtaco

We stole it off you forever:D:D:D

It has gone through changes called "Ausification" lol and is now in the lonesome fleet of Carnival Australia:D

Ausification just means they remove all the things we Aussies like about US cruising and replaced them with all the things we hate about Australian cruising like lots more 4 berth cabins and much more expensive weak drinks:)

But you got an awesomely unique water slide.

We are going on Carnival Spirit 3rd march 2014. A couple of questions about this ship.

1. Is it true that you can't smoke on the balcony for this ship (hope this is a yes)

2. Have signed in on the roll call - would be good to see some more fellow travellers here

3. How do I get one of the pods in the serenity area, all my research shows that they get taken and people won't share/vacate for anything!!

Thanks to everyone on this site, even us Aussie travellers get some great tips.:):):):)

Go to this section of Cruise Critic for more info on Carnival Spirit:)

Australia & New Zealand Cruisers

No, you can't smoke on balconies. There are designated smoking spots, didn't pay too much attention (I'm a non-smoker) but I know one side of the pool deck was smoking.

To get a pod in serenity, you need to get there early!

Definitely let the maître d know as soon as you get on. Or contact Carnival Aust before hand and ask for the MDR email.