How many ships in port at Cozumel - need a website to see

Sue's Mom

DH and I have been to Cozumel only once before. We like to be independent and to go walk-about. We got off the ship straight into a "shopping village" which was so crowded that it was impossible to stop and have a look at what was for sale. We sought refuge in a shop and bought a small bottle of tequila. Having regained our equilibriums, we just headed back to the ship as quickly as was possible.

In February, we are going to Chankanaab Park. What is the easiest way to get to the taxis? I have tried looking on Google Earth but nothing is very evident.

We are on the Ruby Princess, which, after some digging around, I think will be docking at International Pier, and I have seen some photos which look similar to where we were last year.

I would still like to know how to get out of what seemed to us to be a maze, LOL.

We are on the Ruby Princess' date=' which, after some digging around, I think will be docking at International Pier, and I have seen some photos which look similar to where we were last year.

I would still like to know how to get out of what seemed to us to be a maze, LOL.[/quote']

Hi Sue's mom:

DW and I were in Cozumel Nov. 2013 with Royal Caribbean that uses the International Pier. Will again be there coming March ... This time we are just going to stick around the pier. This is what I have found out:

There are two shopping malls OUTSIDE the pier; one across the main street and the second one five to ten minutes away. For this one reach the main street, turn right and walk. APPARENTLY both have nice options for a good mexican meal, which is what we are looking for ...

And yes I agreed with you the "maze" of stores you reach first when walking from the ship is not too appealing; just follow the signs to get to the taxis.

Just FYI, I use a power chair.

Herb :confused:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1952063

Edited by gordito
Add reference

DH and I have been to Cozumel only once before. We like to be independent and to go walk-about. We got off the ship straight into a "shopping village" which was so crowded that it was impossible to stop and have a look at what was for sale. We sought refuge in a shop and bought a small bottle of tequila. Having regained our equilibriums' date=' we just headed back to the ship as quickly as was possible.

In February, we are going to Chankanaab Park. What is the easiest way to get to the taxis? I have tried looking on Google Earth but nothing is very evident.[/quote']

Try http://ports.cruisett.com