Advice needed

lukeduke07

Sailing on the Legend out of Tampa Feb 16th.

Need some help as I have booked later than I usually do and dont have much time to do my usual intense research on what to do at each port of call.

Heres what I have so far:

Cozumel: Been there several times so probably just do Mr. Sanchos.

Belize: Need advice

Roatan: Need advice

Grand Cayman : Just a beach day on 7 mile beach

Thanks!

WAR EAGLE! BEAT FSU!

Give us an indication of how active you like to be on vacation and you'll probably get better answers! :)

We did the cave tubing excursion last time we were in Belize and loved it. (booked through cave tubing dot com)

In Roatan, if you're not looking for a beach day, try victor bodden (bodden tours dot com) - he can customize a day on the island specific to your likes and did a great job for us both times we were in Roatan.

Enjoy your trip!

Since we are doing two beach days in Cozumel and GC looking to do something different in belize and roatan. Ive looked at the cave tubing. Not sure if the wife would like that one cause there would be a lot of walking. What else is there to do in belize?

Since we are doing two beach days in Cozumel and GC looking to do something different in belize and roatan. Ive looked at the cave tubing. Not sure if the wife would like that one cause there would be a lot of walking. What else is there to do in belize?

Roatan would be the best island you will be visiting this cruise by far and I would do as others suggested and book Victor Boddens tour for your day ,you will not be disappointed the island and the people are wonderful !!

Here is a video from West Bay Beach in Roatan ,snorkeling in waist high water. We have been 6 times and it never gets old :)

Sailing on the Legend out of Tampa Feb 16th.

Need some help as I have booked later than I usually do and dont have much time to do my usual intense research on what to do at each port of call.

Heres what I have so far:

Cozumel: Been there several times so probably just do Mr. Sanchos.

Belize: Need advice

Roatan: Need advice

Grand Cayman : Just a beach day on 7 mile beach

Thanks!

WAR EAGLE! BEAT FSU!

We are having the same issues with Belize, for us I think we will just tender in and do a bit of shopping and maybe a drink on the pier and than go back to the boat. Roatan we have gone with Victor's tours numerous times and probably will again this time however three of us six are going to scuba so we will just do the tour with them and go to see the monkeys, maybe the glass bottom boat, check out his web site there are a number of different activities you can have them set up for you and cost is great. Last time we went I asked if he could stop at a spot to get coffee beans to take home and he took us to a grocery store he stated because the prices are cheaper and they were by far. You wont be sorry with a tour from Bodden tours. Belize on the other hand is an open end for us, we may just wait till we get there and see what is offered on the pier.

Roatan - Little French Key. We booked this family owned private island and loved it. Very peaceful and beautiful. There are different prices depending on what package you choose. Think we paid $98 p/p but that included lunch, snorkeling and a couple of cocktails and also transportation to and from. Just google it and you should be able to find all the pertinent info. Have fun!

We were on the Liberty in November 2012.

In Belize we did the Mayan Ruins, the one we did was the Xanatunich very good!

It is a 2 hour bus ride across the country, but well worth it!

We actually got to climb the ruins. There are other tours offered to other ruins, but this was the only one that said we would be able to climb them "weather permitting" (I thank my 26 year old son for this one, because had it not been for him, I would have never chosen the ruins)

In Roatan we just did a beach day.

Happy Cruising!!

Doing same itinerary beg of Feb. Looking to me like victor bodden the way to go in Roatan

http://boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm#HMB

This is what we do and always a great day.The guides do whatever you like and give you a great day to explore the island ,go to the beach,do some shopping or all of the above.Ours even took us to a local grocery store to buy some hot sauce I forgot in Belize .We don't normally do the add ons on his site though

Ask for Tex as your guide he is awesome!!

Edited by mikel24m

I booked the Mayan Ruins for Belize for our Feb Glory Cruise. It seems to get great reviews and last time we made the mistake to not book any excursion as there is really nothing right there. Few shops and a place or too to drink.

• 3 weeks later...

I would, in a heartbeat, cancel one of your other beach days and book Little French Key for Roatan. It was absolutely the highlight of our trip and you will not regret booking it! You have to read the reviews on it and see some pictures...but it seriously beat any other beach resort I've been to, anywhere.

We did cave tubing in Belize with cavetubing.bz (Vitalino). We had a fabulous time and it's adventurous to feel like you did something adventurous, but not so much that you can't handle it! :)

Good luck and have fun!!

We were booked for cave tubbing but when we got to our port we were told it had been cancelled due to high waters from the day before.

They offered us an excursion to do 4 wheelers in the rain Forrest , I'm in my 40's and had never been on a 4wheeler before but it was so much fun and they made us very delicious lunch of jerk chicken and rice!

This company was so nice, some of the employees took our own cameras and ran along side of us taking pictures and video, this was so great because it would have been difficult trying to take pictures and driving at the same time.

The company we used was explorebzcaves

I emailed Dennis P at explorebzcaves at yahoo dot com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just returned from cruise to Belize and Roatan three weeks ago. In Belize we took a Calypso Train Tour. It was a tour of the island on an open air "train". We saw alot of the islands schools, businesses and government offices but very little "pretty" stuff. The tour was interesting but next time I will try something different - maybe beach excursion or something. I had a picture of Belize being an exotic paradise and I was very disappointed. For as much as I was disappointed in Belize, I was pleasantly surprised with Roatan. We booked a private island tour through Island Marketing. Diane and her daughter were our tour guides and they were so nice! We went to West End Beach where we sat at Monkey Island and had $2.00 Rum and Cokes and just soaked up the beautiful scenery. We went to monkey preserve where we got to interact with Parrots and monkeys. We visited Parrot Tree Plantation and went to a local restaurant. For $5.00 each we got a huge plate of food with shrimp, chicken, fish, breadfruit (local fruit that is similar to potato), beans and rice - the food was delicious! Roatan ended up being our favorite spot on this cruise. They took us to road side shops where we were able to "haggle" with the shop owners to get great souveniers at very reasonable prices.

We just returned from the Carnival Magic & were in Roatan Jan 22. We took Carnival's excursion to Maya Key and it was awesome! If you are into snorkeling THIS is the place to go. I've never seen such beautiful, colorful reefs & amazing fish! The island is gorgeous, and there are other activities - snorkeling with sharks, taking a nature hike that includes ruins and seeing the rescued animals.

Its not a great "beach" for swimming. There is a beach w/chairs for sunning. However, it is THE best we have found anywhere for snorkeling.