2014 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

OceanDreaming2

The Captain on the Jewel is newly promoted. Niklas Persson of Sweden. He is awesome! Very personable! Be sure to say "Hi" if you're on the Jewel!

I agree he is very personable. We had the pleasure of dining with him in 2012 on the Jewel, and our entire group thoroughly enjoyed the evening chatting with him. So glad to know he's received a much-deserved promotion. Thanks for sharing the good news.

:)

Any updates to report? Particularly looking for info for the Pearl, Sky and Spirit.

For the Pearl as of the 6/8 cruise, I know that Gunnar Hammerin is Captain, Calvin Lodge is the hotel director, Archie Archibold is the cruise director, Monica is the concierge and we had Charlie as our butler.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For the Pearl as of the 6/8 cruise, I know that Gunnar Hammerin is Captain, Calvin Lodge is the hotel director, Archie Archibold is the cruise director, Monica is the concierge and we had Charlie as our butler.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great -- thanks!

Live from The Breakaway...

Captain Svedung

Jovo is the Hotel Director

Adrian is the Concierge

Julie is the Cruise Director (funny, right???)

And, Geoffrey is our butler... wonderful guy!!!

Will post more details in my review when I return....

Oh, and we're docking Portside in Bermuda tomorrow.

The Captain on the Jewel is newly promoted. Niklas Persson of Sweden. He is awesome! Very personable! Be sure to say "Hi" if you're on the Jewel!

We met Niklas Persson on our May 31st cruise on the Jewel. He was at the Captain's VIP party in the Haven and was travelling as a passenger (wearing jeans & shirt). We had a chance to talk with him and he did seem very personable! Wish he had been the Captain for our cruise.

We had Captain Kenneth Harstrom and he got off the Jewel the day we docked in Seattle (June 7th) for his vacation. He indicated to us he would be back on the Jewel in mid-August and finish up the Alaska season.

Our concierge was Bruno Dentone (not impressed)

Our HD was Richard Janicki (not impressed)

Our Butler was Roland (not impressed)

The Courtyard Butler was Peter D'Silva (very good, friendly, accommodating)

We were not impressed with our concierge & butler because we always had to seek them out if we needed anything otherwise they had little or no contact with us. We've had much better care on our past cruises. We have been very impressed with most of the HD's on our past cruises, but Richard just wasn't that friendly or outgoing and not that visible around the ship.

Just our personal observations.

We met Niklas Persson on our May 31st cruise on the Jewel. He was at the Captain's VIP party in the Haven and was travelling as a passenger (wearing jeans & shirt). We had a chance to talk with him and he did seem very personable! Wish he had been the Captain for our cruise.

We had Captain Kenneth Harstrom and he got off the Jewel the day we docked in Seattle (June 7th) for his vacation. He indicated to us he would be back on the Jewel in mid-August and finish up the Alaska season.

We were not impressed with our concierge & butler because we always had to seek them out if we needed anything otherwise they had little or no contact with us. We've had much better care on our past cruises. We have been very impressed with most of the HD's on our past cruises, but Richard just wasn't that friendly or outgoing and not that visible around the ship.

Have to agree on concierge, HD, and Butler. They were all nice but like you pointed out not proactive. We did not lack for anything. Everything we asked of Bruno and Roland handled quickly and effectively. Richard was invisible to most passengers. I think the implementation of one butler designated as the night butler and no additional butlers the work load is a challenge. Roland had all the port side courtyard villas, on GV, and now they added 5 SC suites on 11.

Niklas Persson on the other hand was what you expect from a HD. Always visible, stopping to talk to the passengers, and making sure everything was running well in the hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Have to agree on concierge, HD, and Butler. They were all nice but like you pointed out not proactive. We did not lack for anything. Everything we asked of Bruno and Roland handled quickly and effectively. Richard was invisible to most passengers. I think the implementation of one butler designated as the night butler and no additional butlers the work load is a challenge. Roland had all the port side courtyard villas, on GV, and now they added 5 SC suites on 11.

Niklas Persson on the other hand was what you expect from a HD. Always visible, stopping to talk to the passengers, and making sure everything was running well in the hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Niklas Persson was the Captain, not HD. :confused:

You missed Virginia Brotherton by 1 week; I think you would have been pleased. We felt she was top shelf. She was everywhere. She is on vacation and will return to the Jade or Gem…out of NY later this year.

We also had Roland. While he did not 'fall all over us', the few times we needed something, he was readily available on his mobile and served our needs promptly. He made the customary first visit within 15 minutes of our walking through the cabin door and we found him to be a pleasant fellow.

Update Getaway

Captain Rune Myre

Staff Captain Robert Lundberg

Concierge Anoop Bhanu until 6/28/14 then Ruth Haggar

Hotel Director extraordinaire Sean Wurmhoeringer

Assistant Hotel Director Errol Nelson

Food & Beverage Director Martin Ivanov

Executive Houskeeper Marites "Mama Tek" Sonza

Cruise Director Jersey Boy Joel Sanchez

Guest Service Manager Jocel Guzman

Executive Chef Charles Fernandez

Restaurant Manager Deepak Gonsalves

Beverage Manager Jose Contreras Aka Papi

Assistant Beverage Manager Oneil Pandit

Hotel director Secretary Alex

I agree completely. We went several days without seeing Bruno. To give him some benefit of the doubt, he seemed lost without the concierge lounge in what was the Star Bar. I got the sense he hadn't figured out where to be yet. I imagine a more experienced concierge would have had that issue sorted immediately however.

Roland was personable, and responsive but not very pro-active at all.

Richard wasn't the worst HD I've ever seen, but close. T2C1 was spot on that Captain Persson was so visible and personable, you would have thought he was the HD.

I agree completely. We went several days without seeing Bruno. To give him some benefit of the doubt, he seemed lost without the concierge lounge in what was the Star Bar. I got the sense he hadn't figured out where to be yet. I imagine a more experienced concierge would have had that issue sorted immediately however.

Richard wasn't the worst HD I've ever seen, but close. T2C1 was spot on that Captain Persson was so visible and personable, you would have thought he was the HD.

Richard I heard is not approachable at all. I cannot say first hand as I never sailed with him

Suzanne

Richard I heard is not approachable at all. I cannot say first hand as I never sailed with him

Suzanne

:eek: For further info: john e mcneal at msn dot com ;)

Update Getaway

Captain Rune Myre until 7/12/14 then Captain Tommy Stensrud returns

Staff Captain Robert Lundberg

Concierge Anoop Bhanu until 6/28/14 then Ruth Haggar returns

Hotel Director extraordinaire Sean Wurmhoeringer

Assistant Hotel Director Errol Nelson

Food & Beverage Director Martin Ivanov until 7/19/14 then Errol Bailey returns

Executive Houskeeper Marites "Mama Tek" Sonza

Cruise Director Jersey Boy Joel Sanchez

Assistant Cruise Director Steph Toole

Guest Service Manager Jocel Guzman

Executive Chef Charles Fernandez

Restaurant Manager Deepak Gonsalves

Beverage Manager Jose Contreras Aka Papi

Assistant Beverage Manager Oneil Pandit

Hotel director Secretary Alex

Edited by sjnyc323
typo

Suzanne

We sailed with Richard over Christmas. He was pleasant, but a bit smug - which is why he doesn't come off as approachable, IMO. And we had several service issues in both MDRs. I was very disappointed, especially when I've sailed with Sean, Yannis, and Denis.

And we sail the Jewel out of Houston for Thanksgiving, and I'm hoping and praying for Yannis to get moved to the Jewel - and I told him that! He'd fit in great with the crowds from Texas!

Edited by GORDONCHICK