2014 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

OceanDreaming2

Hi,

It would help if you'd mention the ship. :)

Judy

sorry the gem 8/23-30

Virginia is awesome!!! Best concierge we have had yet. She is very sweet and professional.

thanks for the info

We agree!!!

thanks for replying

I hope the info from ncl is correct. Am very much looking forward to meeting her.

Julie was the most awful CD I have ever sailed with. She is disingenuous, and such a phony. CDs don't make or break a cruise for me but I do like to greet and smile at the CD whenever I see them around the trip. With Julie, however, I found myself avoiding activities just to not have to hear her same scripted routine all the time.

I know there are a lot of people on board but try to be a little less robotic.

Julie: "Hi! Are you enjoying your cruise?"

Me Day 1: "We're having a great time!"

Julie: "That's great to hear. Are you coming to the party tonight?"

Me Day 1: Yeah, can't wait!

Julie: "Hi! How are you enjoying your cruise?"

Me Day 6: "Bermuda was beautiful!"

Julie: "That's great to hear. Are you coming to the party tonight?"

Me Day 6: Nope.

i gotta disagree with you. I think Julie is the best and most engaged CD i have sailed with. Once she meets you she remembers your name and always manages to find time to stop and chat with passengers. That said- she is also much more visible than other CDs i have seen. She seems to be everywhere at once and does a great job all day and night and she does it in 4 inch heels!

I have cruised with Julie 4 times and she was great every time.

i gotta disagree with you. I think Julie is the best and most engaged CD i have sailed with. Once she meets you she remembers your name and always manages to find time to stop and chat with passengers. That said- she is also much more visible than other CDs i have seen. She seems to be everywhere at once and does a great job all day and night and she does it in 4 inch heels!

I have cruised with Julie 4 times and she was great every time.

I'll jump in and say we've also cruised with Julie 3 or 4 times and think she's great. She's remembered us from previous cruises, manages to be everywhere even when you think there's no way she could do all that; and has the perfect temperament for dealing with the masses of different people she encounters every day. She's especially great with the big new ships (we sailed with her on BA and GA). Wouldn't surprise me one bit to see her roll out the Escape next year.

Anyway, back on topic... our next cruise is the westbound Transatlantic on the Epic leaving Barcelona near the end of October. Probably too early to know very much, but does anyone have any idea who the CD and the concierge might be on that sailing? Thanks!

Leaving on the Jewel this weekend in Seattle. Who is the concierge now? Thanks!

My favorite concierge of all time is Adrian Bica, but I know he is not on the Jewel.

The concierge for the Jewel is Bruno Dentone. Very nice guy and would always greet my parents and I whenever we went to Moderno's for breakfast and lunch.

Yannis told me yesterday that he signs back on to the Star on July 30 "for about 2 months" then moves to the Spirit for 2 months.

Right now, he's at home helping his parents in the remodeling of their house. Sounds like he's playing chauffer for his mom on her decorating errands!

Judy - I so think the Texans would love Yannis, and I think he'd love them right back! I told him since I live in OK, we are sometimes considered north Texas, so we would be a good judge of that!

How would Canadians feel about Yannis? :)

I've never met him, but look forward to, on Sept 22nd.

Does anybody know who the Star concierge will be for that sailing?

Thanks!

Stephen

Thanks!

Stephen

Hi Stephen, you will like Yannis! He trained under Sean W and is very good imho. I can not answer your question regarding the Concierge, however you may call the Concierge desk and they will be able to tell you. :)

Hi Stephen, you will like Yannis! He trained under Sean W and is very good imho. I can not answer your question regarding the Concierge, however you may call the Concierge desk and they will be able to tell you. :)

Awesome! Thanks. :)

Thanks!

Stephen

Yannis is a great guy he said he joins Star July 30 for two months then transferring to the Spirit but not sure of the date in September

Suzanne

Yannis is a great guy he said he joins Star July 30 for two months then transferring to the Spirit but not sure of the date in September

Suzanne

thanks Suzanne. If you're in touch with him, please see if he'll be there for the Iceland trip (or if he knows who will).... oh, and tell him I'm a nice guy, and ask him to be nice to me! ;)

Stephen

thanks Suzanne. If you're in touch with him, please see if he'll be there for the Iceland trip (or if he knows who will).... oh, and tell him I'm a nice guy, and ask him to be nice to me! ;)

Stephen

Hahaha Yannis is always nice you have no problem

Suzanne

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows who will be the Hotel Director aboard the Sun in January 2015. We have some favorites (Kaj, Sarper and yes, Yannis!) and would be delighted to sail with one of them again.

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows who will be the Hotel Director aboard the Sun in January 2015. We have some favorites (Kaj, Sarper and yes, Yannis!) and would be delighted to sail with one of them again.

Too many variables between now and January. Ask closer to your cruise date. :)

We'll be on the Sun in December so I'll try to post the info re: HD, Concierge, Captain... etc.

Cheers.

Per Yannis, he leaves the Star on 9/22 and moves to the Spirit - barring any schedule changes. He will function as F&BD on both ships.

And honestly, I can't imagine anyone not loving Yannis! But the reason I think he'd get along famously with Texans is because he's very gregarious and sometimes larger than life - which describes most Texans. He loves life and loves his work! He makes everyone feel special.

Per Yannis, he leaves the Star on 9/22 and moves to the Spirit - barring any schedule changes. He will function as F&BD on both ships.

Okay, I'm confursed. Yannis leaves the Star on 9/22 and moves to the Spirit....but he's going to be F&BD on both ships? However, physically, he'll be on the Spirit?

Anyone know if the Cruise Director is still going to be Archie Archbold and who is going to be the Captain and the Hotel Director come 9/22?

Harriet

Okay, I'm confursed. Yannis leaves the Star on 9/22 and moves to the Spirit....but he's going to be F&BD on both ships? However, physically, he'll be on the Spirit?

Anyone know if the Cruise Director is still going to be Archie Archbold and who is going to be the Captain and the Hotel Director come 9/22?

Harriet

He will be F&BD while on the Star, then F&BD on the Spirit when he moves to that ship. He's filling in for the regular F&BD while on Spirit. He sometimes functions as HD, which is why I specified which position he'll be in.