Can any Carnival cruisers tell me about Celebrity?

Dixie24

Not sure if this was mentioned. Celebrity offers full room service dining which means hot breakfast and full course dinner ordered off the MDR menu at no extra cost. A small tip is usually offered.

Wow, I didn't know that. Between that and the free drinks I think I'm going to love Celebrity!

The 1-2-3 GO! Package doesn't run all the time. I think this one expires in February. Be sure to book before then.

We are already booked with the free drinks package, but I didn't know that Celebrity offers full room service dining which includes hot breakfast and full course dinner ordered off the MDR menu.

We are already booked with the free drinks package, but I didn't know that Celebrity offers full room service dining which includes hot breakfast and full course dinner ordered off the MDR menu.

Yes, they still offer full room service. There was a time that all cruiselines offered this .... and it wasn't that long ago.

I am platinum on Carnival, but have never tried another cruise line. In looking for a cruise in April, Celebrity's prices from Florida are very similar to Carnival and include a free drink package. Can anyone who has been on both tell me the differences?

Service on celebrity 10 plus

Just one caveat: The room service menu for breakfast (and I think lunch)will vary depending on the class of cabin. We sailed Concierge Class on Summit and could get fried eggs and other hot entrees. Not true when we were in an inside cabin.

Two other things I really liked on Celebrity that I never saw on Carnival (and hope they still offer on X), is made-to-order eggs benedict and English Breakfast (big fan of the blood sausage!!).

What makes you say FRMPEI has never been on Celebrity? According to his/her signature they have sailed Celebrity four times.

I thought the same thing! Clearly they were capable of a clear comparison, even if just one CCL. I have only had one DCL compared to my other cruise lines, but I still feel like that allows me to form an opinion of what the cruise line has to offer...?

So yeah...

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

Celebrity runs promos form time to time where you can select one of three benefits for booking under the terms of the promo (called the 1-2-3 Promo). One of the options is a free beverage package which includes alcoholic drinks up to a certain price. You can pay the difference to upgrade it to a package that includes more expensive alcohol. Their beverage packages are great and we use them even when not getting them for free as we think the prices are reasonable. They have non-alcoholic packages as well.

You learn something everyday. Thanks.

We're taking our first Celebrity cruise on the Reflection March 22 with the free drink package. Love that it also includes water, espresso, lattes and fresh squeeze juices.

The hot room service will be nice too with a table on our balcony. :)

This thread has me really excited for my upcoming Celebrity cruise! Like others have mentioned, the 123go promo was too good to pass up. Plus, typically I make my cruise choices based on ports of call. My upcoming cruise has 2 that Carnival no longer (or currently) doesn't offer: St. Croix & Grenada. While I love Carnival (turning Platinum on my last cruise), I like visiting new ports more! Hopefully I like Celebrity, because I booked another one (repo cruise to Bermuda) in April. So, it looks like Celebrity has both my cruises for 2014. Depending on how this cruise goes will depend on where I book for 2015? I'll be sure to post a thorough review upon my return which will include a comparison of my past Carnival cruises.

On a side note, does anyone know why there are hardly any photo reviews on the Celebrity board? I've asked this question on their board a few times indirectly, and no one ever responds? They also don't seem to have as much activity as the Carnival board. For anyone thinking about making the move, try not to get dis-swayed as a result of their heated dress code threads! ;)

This thread has me really excited for my upcoming Celebrity cruise! Like others have mentioned, the 123go promo was too good to pass up. Plus, typically I make my cruise choices based on ports of call. My upcoming cruise has 2 that Carnival no longer (or currently) doesn't offer: St. Croix & Grenada. While I love Carnival (turning Platinum on my last cruise), I like visiting new ports more! Hopefully I like Celebrity, because I booked another one (repo cruise to Bermuda) in April. So, it looks like Celebrity has both my cruises for 2014. Depending on how this cruise goes will depend on where I book for 2015? I'll be sure to post a thorough review upon my return which will include a comparison of my past Carnival cruises.

On a side note, does anyone know why there are hardly any photo reviews on the Celebrity board? I've asked this question on their board a few times indirectly, and no one ever responds? They also don't seem to have as much activity as the Carnival board. For anyone thinking about making the move, try not to get dis-swayed as a result of their heated dress code threads! ;)

Just wanted to say that no other board on CC has as much participation as the Carnival board. I can post at 3pm and go to work til 12am and 3 pages of stuff has been posted in that 8 hours.

Bill

Hi Heather,

Just wanted to share a link with you on one of the best Trip Report/Reviewers here on CC (in my opinion). CC member GAMBEE does what he call Ultimate Picture Reviews. He did one last March for a Western Caribbean aboard the beautiful Celebrity Silhouette. This particular cruise was the second week of our B2B. I found myself and DW a couple of times in his pictures. By chance I ran into him and and his mom at Qsine (speciality restaurant). When I got home i found Gambee in a couple of my pics. Our weather during this week was terrible rain, winds, (no snow). We had one gorgeous day that being that last sea day. Enjoy his picture review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1818713

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Heather,

Just wanted to share a link with you on one of the best Trip Report/Reviewers here on CC (in my opinion). CC member GAMBEE does what he call Ultimate Picture Reviews. He did one last March for a Western Caribbean aboard the beautiful Celebrity Silhouette. This particular cruise was the second week of our B2B. I found myself and DW a couple of times in his pictures. By chance I ran into him and and his mom at Qsine (speciality restaurant). When I got home i found Gambee in a couple of my pics. Our weather during this week was terrible rain, winds, (no snow). We had one gorgeous day that being that last sea day. Enjoy his picture review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1818713

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Thanks Kevin! Checking this out now...