Sushi and the Sumshine

Is this an actual Sushi station? Or is it just part of the Lido Buffet like many other ships in the fleet have gone to?

It's a dedicated sushi restaurant, with its own menu and service area, and you pay for what you order. Breeze has it too.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

It's a dedicated sushi restaurant, with its own menu and service area, and you pay for what you order. Breeze has it too.

And I had it twice on the Breeze and it was excellent!! going to hit Bonsai again a couple of times on my Sunshine cruise at the end of the month. Well worth the cover charge.

Edited by Topo Gigio

So the Carnival web site says that the Sunshine has "Bonsai Sushi".

Is this an actual Sushi station? Or is it just part of the Lido Buffet like many other ships in the fleet have gone to?

Thanks...

Menu:

http://www.carnival.com/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/BonsaiSushiMenupdf.ashx

I didn't see any free sushi on Sunshine last week. I don't remember seeing any sushi on the buffet all week. This menu is from their for-a-fee Bonsai Sushi Restaurant.

One night on the Taste Bar on Promenade deck, they offered a tiny piece of raw fish (sorry don't remember type but remember it was pink like salmon) inside of a small tubular cup of sweet custard. The tiny piece of fish sat on top of the custard. It was tasty. Sunshine only had Taste Bar open on sea days at night. They also had a nice breakfast set up at the Taste Bar on sea day mornings with similar offerings as the buffet.

I didn't see a sushi station set up either if you're thinking about the ones they (used to?) have on the Fantasy class ships.

I did see mussels available at the (free) lunch station where they cook stir fry to order. It is on Lido deck aft behind the buffet in a separate room and it is called JiJi's Asian Kitchen. That is a popular lunch time option that always had a long line. They charge a fee at night though.

Hope this helps.