Best snorkeling in Rotan

iowahawks

Last time we went to Rotan we took a cab to a bar where they took us out to the reef in a little boat. It was raining so no one else was there and the reef was amazing. I want to go back somewhere similar when we stop on our cruise this January. I hear Tabyana is nice but I am afraid there will be too many people for my taste. Is that a location or resort? Any suggestions for where to go or a guide we can hire to drive us somewhere we can spend the day and get to the reef? We have 10 people some experienced some not as much.

We are also going to the reef in Belize, off shore snorkel in Cayman and something else in Cozumel.

Lucy

Edited by iowahawks

I highly recommend Maya Key for a great day and VERY good snorkeling. It's a little island right beside the cruise port for NCL and not far at all from the Mahogany Bay cruise port. The snorkeling is so amazing. You walk down the deck and as soon as you go down in the water you see everything! It's amazing. They have a "path" you can follow and it's marked off with balloons in the water so you don't get lost and it takes you out to a big drop off where you can't see the bottom and it's amazing.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line.

We have also been to West Bay and there's a link in my signature as well. (This is where Tabyana and other resorts are located). Yes, it's very crowded and there will be people there asking you to buy stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions. My reviews have TONS of pictures. :)