Jacksonville Faster to the Fun

robptaylor

I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere but I couldn't find anything specific to Jacksonville.

I have read a couple of mixed comments regarding Jacksonville and boarding. Most say it is small and boarding is quick and easy but a few say there have been long waits.

Just wondering if Faster to the Fun is worth the $50 for a small port and a small ship. The only other benefit I foresee is tendering to Little Stirrup Cay. Sounds like you get expedited tendering with Faster to the Fun too.

I hate waiting in lines, but I wait wasting money more.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. We went from parking lot to cabin in 15 minutes. We did arrive at the port around 1:30pm.

One thing to keep in mind though is that arriving too early at this port is counter productive since they don't let people in, even in the parking lot, until they start clearing debarking passengers, FTTF or not.

On debarkation day, we left the port around 10:30am and as we exited the port, the line of cars waiting to get in the parking lot was pretty long. A lot of people had gotten out of their cars and were mingling around, just waiting to get in. It looked like a tailgate party.

Edited by Tapi

We used FTTF on our Jax cruise and I think it was well worth it. We arrived at the port at 11:00am and there were very long lines and many ppl waiting in seats as well. We got through security and check in, pics and S&S cards, and into our cabin by 11:20am. That's another perk, your cabin being available as soon as you board and being able to drop off carry ons. Some ppl were waiting on their cabins to open as late as 3:00pm we heard. Also, since you don't like lines, you have a designated line for FTTF at customer service as well. Every time we went the normal line as very long, ours had maybe one person in it and we were done within 5mins tops. We tendered to HMC and were the first on the island along with other FTTF and early excursion ppl by 9:00am. Some ppl said they couldn't get a tender to the island until 1:00pm :eek: So, yes, I believe it's worth every penny, especially if you're tendering.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

we used fttf on our jax cruise and i think it was well worth it. We arrived at the port at 11:00am and there were very long lines and many ppl waiting in seats as well. We got through security and check in, pics and s&s cards, and into our cabin by 11:20am. That's another perk, your cabin being available as soon as you board and being able to drop off carry ons. Some ppl were waiting on their cabins to open as late as 3:00pm we heard. Also, since you don't like lines, you have a designated line for fttf at customer service as well. Every time we went the normal line as very long, ours had maybe one person in it and we were done within 5mins tops. We tendered to hmc and were the first on the island along with other fttf and early excursion ppl by 9:00am. Some ppl said they couldn't get a tender to the island until 1:00pm :eek: So, yes, i believe it's worth every penny, especially if you're tendering.

Sent from my lg-l38c using forums mobile app

ditto!!!!!

We used FTTF when we cruised out of Jacksonville in August. I thought is was well worth the price! We arrived at port around 10:30 and got on the ship before 11:00. We went straight to our cabin and our luggage was already there. We had everything unpacked and organized quickly and were on Lido eating lunch without having to drag around our carry-ons.

Also, as someone else mentioned, the line at Guest Services were usually long and I was able to walk right up to the other line and get helped immediately.

We had a tender port at Little Stirrup Cay, but decided to wait until later in the day to disembark.

We had FTTF for our cruise out of Jacksonville in July. It was well worth the money. We made it through security and to our room in less than 20 minutes. I don't remember what time we arrived, but it was pretty busy. It was great to have priority tender at HMC as well!

After reading everyone's comments I decided the best way to look at this is insurance, so I purchased FTTF. Just like insurance, you hope you never need it but you sure are glad you have it if you need it.

Perhaps it is just a marketing gimmick, but when I did book it, the website said there are only 8 spot remaining and this cruise doesn't leave until June.

Thanks for everyone's input.