Opinions Please...Help me decide on a stateroom on the Breeze!

ShanteS

Hello fellow cruisers,

I cruised in my first aft-wrap balcony this past August on the Valor and fell in love with the experience. I loved watching the wake and hearing it at night because it was so relaxing and I loved the amazing views. I chose that particular type of balcony thinking we'd (my toddler, 4 yr old cousin, and I) get a lot of use out of it but we really didn't. Not too much during the day because we were off the ship in port or it was way too HOT to be out there for long but after I put my daughter down for the night I enjoyed going out there to just relax and/or read and I loved being rocked to sleep at night. I also loved the open space in the room. We weren't cramped and there was enough space for everyone to get around.

If you can't already tell I absolutely loved the aft-wrap experience but I'm wondering if I should book another knowing we don't really use it on a regular basis during vacation. We were out there every evening as the ship sailed out from port for a little but we aren't sunbathers. If there was some shade out there during the day I'd probably spend more time but I digress. I'm being indecisive right now so I need some help deciding.

If you were me (LOL) what kind of cabin would you choose (just my daughter who will be 3 by then and myself)? Aft wrap, Aft extended, reg balcony (though that's a last resort for me), or one of the large balconys that come with the L shaped cabins?? I would do a poll for quick answering but I don't know how to set it up.

Thanks for any help!! :)

I'd go for the larger balcony "L" shaped cabin. The shape of the room makes it seem larger and the balcony is covered with a breeze off the side of the ship as well. You still can feel the wake and even see it a bit.

Thanks for your input. I've never seen what the L shaped cabins look like inside but I did like how big the balconies are. I think that'd be the perfect amount of space for us since most of the aft-wrap balcony went unused.

That room looks nice. We have never had aft or cove balcony but if you don't want sun, you might consider the Cove balcony on the Dream or Breeze. The life boats are above those balconies and are supposed to block the sun. That is one reason we did not book the cove balcony because our youngest college age daughter wanted sun.

Here was my room from the Dream:

SAM_0047.jpg

SAM_0040.jpg

SAM_0039.jpg

SAM_0038.jpg

SAM_0037.jpg

My DS and his wife had this cabin (6499) and we were in the aft wrap 6501 on the Breeze - which share a small entry way off of the main hallway.

The décor is different on the Breeze but its the same layout - and it worked well for them!

We also had an aft-wrap on the Valor last Sept. (cabin 7440). We loved (loved) the wrap balcony but with the heavy port schedule, we found that we did not use it as much as would have liked. For my Breeze cruise this March, we booked cabin 7454 (L shaped) because of the size of the balcony and plan to use more due to less ports. I think in the future, we would only do the aft-wrap if we had more time to enjoy it.

We had an aft extended on the Breeze in November, 7465. We LOVED it...we had 2 regular chairs and a lounger and 2 tables on it. We had some shade and some sun on it, and we also had a good breeze. I was worried there wouldn't be a breeze because I have heard the afts don't get any, but we had a good amount. We also had cabins above and below us, which was great...no noise!

• 7 months later...