PH2 vs PH1 Cabins on New Insignia Ship

michigandollie

I am currently booked on a voyage this May on Insignia. I am in a PH2 cabin and was wondering if a PH1 is worth the upgrade charge of 300 pp to get a mid ship cabin. I have been reading some other threads that talk about the PH2 cabins under the Cafe being noisy (my cabin is 8050 currently). Just wanting to get feedback from more experienced Oceania cruisers.

That must be a first!

But I would agree. Unless you are really susceptible to mal de mer and feel the need to be midships -- although in that case you'd probably also be better off lower down in a lower category -- you should stay where you are.

We've been in PH1, 2 and 3 and really haven't found much difference. Some rooms had a bit of noise from above but it was never enough to bother us. Actually, the one time we were in a VS on Insignia we were bothered more by noise (from the anchors early in the morning) than we ever were by furniture being moved above us on Deck 8.

Mura

For us it's all about what potential noises can come from above and at what times. We were on Marina and had 11007 almost at the front. It was fine.

In May we have a PH on 10 but have another cabin above.......restful nights.

Brian