Independence of the Seas - March 15, 2014

Daghis

My friend and I are sailing on Independence of the Seas out of Fort Lauderdale on March 15, 2014. We did this cruise during the same week last year and had a great time, except for the big rock that attacked me in St. Maarten. I'll be sure to avoid rocks this time around! :D

I hope we'll meet others here and onboard!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, I'd be happier if the temps were closer to normal. And there is just enough snow out there now to make it humorous at work. So while we're up here having fun YES make it go away please.

We got another 4-5" of snow last night, and now it's sunny, as if nothing happened! At least I managed to get the driveway clean... for now. More snowstorms are forecast for the coming week. :(

At least the high temperature is in the 20s. That beats being close to 0°. (I work in my home office which is in the basement. It can get quite chilly down here when it's sufficiently below freezing outside.)

Edited by Daghis

wow and this winter you continue to get beat on by these storms.

We have had a lot more of the cold windy days than usual. The rest of it though seems more normal. Up here we got used to low snowfall winters and now that they are more normal we forget how to act. I feel bad for all the areas that have to deal with the ice storms.

So with not much more than a month before boarding I feel confident in saying that unless the on board ice rink explodes we should all be warm and happy.

Mark

The past couple March cruises I've gone on have been bizarre, weather-wise. Two years ago, we had a heat wave (temperatures in the 80s), and we discovered that our new air conditioner had a leak and needed its coils replaced and the refrigerant refilled. Last year, most of the week was fine, but there was a somewhat heavy snowstorm that started while I was flying back to Pittsburgh. Driving home was a challenge and there were a couple spots where I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it.

I'm hoping this year's weather at home will be merely average. :)

Edited by Daghis

No, I've not tried the zip-line, but my friend did. He enjoyed it.

The only excursion we have planned so far is the St. Kitts Railway tour at noon. That looks like it should be pretty and somewhat relaxing.

Happy birthday in advance to your mom and sister! I like having a birthday on a cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! I can hardly wait for this cruise. Minnesota has not been fun this winter. I'm hoping for FOD events or something on this cruise for me. I'll be traveling with my folks and sister's family. See ya soon!

Michael

Hi, Michael!

There will probably be a FoD gathering listed on the Community Board. That's usually near Guest Services.

In the past, they had listed a 5 PM get-together at the Champagne Bar, but I seem to recall that last year, we typically met up around 10 PM in the Champagne Bar.

I'm actually leaving tomorrow morning for a pre-cruise trip to California. I'll be taking a red-eye Thursday night to Florida, meeting up with my cruise companion at FLL Friday morning.

I hope you have a safe trip, too! See you onboard!