Back to Back - Ft.Lauderdale

zjc

Hello

I am due to travel on the Oasis back to back in March/April.

I am wondering if anyone knows after we have been taken off the ship and back through customs can we get back off the ship again and go into Ft Lauderdale for the day and come back on the ship then or do they not allow that in order to prevent us from getting mixed up with new passengers?

Thanks

ZJC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly from our back to back on the Oasis, after you have cleared customs when they walk you off you get back on and then can go off and do your own thing. When you come back they have you show your card and come through a different way than everyone else. We didn't get off but I remember them showing a couple another way for them to get on board without going through the crowd. But when you get back you will already have your set sail pass card and can just go directly through the line as someone stated above. You're going to love b2b on this ship it's awesome.

I have not done an Oasis B2B, but I have done other RCI B2Bs. Pretty sure that if you want to sightsee there there is no need to wait for the B2B group to be walked [last]off the ship. Just check with guest Relations about when and where you get your second week SeaPass, and you can get off as soon as they start letting people off (or whenever you wish). You can leave your stuff on-board, but will have to fill out the immigration / customs form and check out through those guys. Enjoy your day.

Thom

Thanks for all your comments guys! As it will be my first time in the US I really want to get off and explore Ft.L in the time that we have.

Thanks for all your comments looks like it shouldn't be a problem to get off which is excellent.

I think I'll go the B2B procedure and then get off don't want to get stuck in lines trying to check back in or anything would rather just have my sea pass.

Very much cannot wait for the cruise now!

XJC

xjc

I just did a b2b on oasis in december, you don't need to wait for the group. You will be invited to a meeting on the thursday of the 1st cruise and given information.

You will be advised that you can pick up your new set sail pass/s at Guest Relations on the friday night, take both passes with you. You will also be given an "in transit" card which you must also take with you to go off and on the ship. Unfortunately you will have to go through customs and border protection but you just show your in transit card and you will pass through there pretty easily.

One piece of advice, if you go off the ship yourself, anytime after 6.30 am just don't stop in the line, keep walking a show your 'in transit' card otherwise you will get stuck behind the passengers departing the ship and it will take about 45 minutes. Just go down the gangway into the terminal and head for the escalators, then stay in the middle line avoiding the passengers collecting their luggage and head for the customs line.

When coming back on the ship, you have to go through security check and then just head straight to the middle of the check in counters, past the photo opportunity (which you did when boarding) and go straight up the escalators to get back on the ship. Even though you will have your new sea pass which you will use to get back on, they will stop you and take your photo again, it just takes a couple of seconds. Also don't be alarmed when you get off and on, they usual one ding that you hear in the first week when you are getting on and off the ship will turn into a longer chime which just signals to staff that you are a VIP / consecutive cruiser!!!!

We also went sight seeing around fort lauderdale, but to be honest there's not much to see once you've seen the beach ..... I don't think I would do this again as it was just an added cost that really wasn't worth it especially if you arrive the day before or stay the day after your cruise. In hindsight I would probably just go on and off the ship with the staff and enjoy the ship with less people on board.

Enjoy your back to back .... we loved the eastern itinerary, both were good but just preferred the ports on the eastern side. Make sure you go to Maha (Airport) beach and stay for a while to watch the crazy people hold onto the fence when the plans take off!!!

xjc

I just did a b2b on oasis in december, you don't need to wait for the group. You will be invited to a meeting on the thursday of the 1st cruise and given information.

You will be advised that you can pick up your new set sail pass/s at Guest Relations on the friday night, take both passes with you. You will also be given an "in transit" card which you must also take with you to go off and on the ship. Unfortunately you will have to go through customs and border protection but you just show your in transit card and you will pass through there pretty easily.

One piece of advice, if you go off the ship yourself, anytime after 6.30 am just don't stop in the line, keep walking a show your 'in transit' card otherwise you will get stuck behind the passengers departing the ship and it will take about 45 minutes. Just go down the gangway into the terminal and head for the escalators, then stay in the middle line avoiding the passengers collecting their luggage and head for the customs line.

When coming back on the ship, you have to go through security check and then just head straight to the middle of the check in counters, past the photo opportunity (which you did when boarding) and go straight up the escalators to get back on the ship. Even though you will have your new sea pass which you will use to get back on, they will stop you and take your photo again, it just takes a couple of seconds. Also don't be alarmed when you get off and on, they usual one ding that you hear in the first week when you are getting on and off the ship will turn into a longer chime which just signals to staff that you are a VIP / consecutive cruiser!!!!

We also went sight seeing around fort lauderdale, but to be honest there's not much to see once you've seen the beach ..... I don't think I would do this again as it was just an added cost that really wasn't worth it especially if you arrive the day before or stay the day after your cruise. In hindsight I would probably just go on and off the ship with the staff and enjoy the ship with less people on board.

Enjoy your back to back .... we loved the eastern itinerary, both were good but just preferred the ports on the eastern side. Make sure you go to Maha (Airport) beach and stay for a while to watch the crazy people hold onto the fence when the plans take off!!!

Thanks very much for all the info! Depending on how much we see the day before our cruise I may take your advice and stay on the ship!

The airport is on the to do list most definitely! Mind me asking how you got from the port to the airport and how much it cost?

Thanks

ZJC

xjc

We also went sight seeing around fort lauderdale, but to be honest there's not much to see once you've seen the beach .....

Poor advice, the Fort Lauderdale area has many things to see and do! Spend some time on this website http://www.sunny.org/ways-to-play/free-things-to-do/ or check out Trip advisor. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34227-Activities-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

• 1 year later...
Hello

I am due to travel on the Oasis back to back in March/April.

I am wondering if anyone knows after we have been taken off the ship and back through customs can we get back off the ship again and go into Ft Lauderdale for the day and come back on the ship then or do they not allow that in order to prevent us from getting mixed up with new passengers?

Thanks

ZJC

Hi ZJC, from looking at your post we are on the same B2B cruise.

I think I'll go the B2B procedure and then get off don't want to get stuck in lines trying to check back in or anything would rather just have my sea pass.

Very much cannot wait for the cruise now!

XJC

We will be doing this exact same thing in 3 weeks.

When we are back in mid-Feb I will send you a note on how the B2B process worked.

We are getting off the ship and heading to the Airport to get a rent-a-car and then off for some retail therapy, and a quick jaunt into the Everglades. We are Canadian, so we will get the non-US citizen experience.

Hi ZJC, from looking at your post we are on the same B2B cruise.

Hi

I actually wrote this in January 2014 so have since sailed and long since been back from my B2B

I am due to sail B2B again this year on the Oasis on the 11th and 18th April sailings.