Booking next cruise on board

Garyjames220

How much is the discount if I book my next cruise on board a ship and how much is due when booking it

Also I am going to add onboard credit before I go for budgeting purposes, can I pay for my next cruise and get the discount for it with onboard credit

I look forward to hearing back

Gary

Edited by Garyjames220

The onboard booking deal keeps changing (and not in the guest's favor!)

No, you cannot pay your deposit for a future cruise from your onboard account. You can pay it in cash, check, or credit card.

All onboard bookings are now valid for 15 months only or the benefits expire.

The deal used to be 10% discount on the cruise fare portion of the ticket + an onboard credit of $100-200 based on length of cruise. Well, actually the max OBC from a rebooking used to be $350, but it was then reduced to $200. You paid only 10% down instead of 20%--I believe this now applies only to cruises of 7 nights or longer.

I THINK the latest decrease in the deal gives us 10% off the cruise fare, an onboard credit based on length of cruise, 10% deposit (longer cruises only), and an expiration of all benefits if you don't cruise within 15 months. This may not be accurate as it has changed multiple times in the last couple of years. There is now a blackout period so holiday cruises do not qualify for the benefits.

I wonder if med cruises for 2015 would be in that when they come out if will they be blacked out.

So am I saving that much or could I get a better deal by booking online before my cruise because by the time if my cruise it could go up at least 10% anyway

I wonder if med cruises for 2015 would be in that when they come out if will they be blacked out.

So am I saving that much or could I get a better deal by booking online before my cruise because by the time if my cruise it could go up at least 10% anyway

When you book on board, you have locked in that price. You can always book online now and then cancel if the deal on board is better! The Meds have not been sell-outs. In fact, we got a special 20% on board booking deal on a Med. Actually, we had a 10 and while we were cruising they came out with the 20% off. I talked to the booking person and she said there was no reason that I couldn't cancel the 10% and pick up the 20% off...so that's what we did.

But yes, booking now and then re-shopping for a better deal while on board totally makes sense!

Oh right thanks that's helpful to no

So If I book before and then find the offer better on ship. Will I need to find the deposit again on ship and wait on refund for the other booking going back to card or will they just change it over so I don't need to find deposit again when re booking on board ?

If your reservation is made directly thru Disney, they can cancel the old reservation and roll the deposit into the new one. If you use a travel agent, you will need to pay a new deposit, name the same agent, and when you arrive home have the agent "reconcile" the reservations so you get one deposit refunded and have the cabin that you want.