Can I use a Straight Talk phone with Verizon in ports?

Shaelyn

I have been looking to get a Straight Talk phone. Verizon works best where I live, but looking at Verizon's prepaid map, it will not work anywhere in Alaska. Has anyone tried this? I will be in Fairbanks, Denali, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight and Ketchikan. Thanks!

Okay, this is one of those things that I did not think about. I just assumed my phone would work, but it looks like my T-mobile plan only covers Anchorage. Is there any other prepaid phone that I can use for the 10 days that I'm cruising & around Denali? P.S. I only need voice coverage.

Edited by theloo

I have been doing some research and it looks like you should be able to use T-Mobile and AT&T prepaid plans. It has something to do with Verizon and Sprint prepaid not roaming. I'm having problems finding much on this.

I have been doing some research and it looks like you should be able to use T-Mobile and AT&T prepaid plans. It has something to do with Verizon and Sprint prepaid not roaming. I'm having problems finding much on this.

Please let me know what you find. I have T-mobile prepaid & I looked up their coverage map on the web & it said there's only data coverage through a partner. When I called CS, the rep was the one who said there's voice coverage in Anchorage.

ETA: I looked at the coverage map again and I zoomed OUT and it showed voice coverage for all the main cities. I think I just misread the map.

Edited by theloo