Be Happy!!

LWiening

Sorry if I didn't keep track of all the posters (in seriousness), it was on my phone and I couldn't fully tell if you were replying directly in specific or in general. You still shouldn't have to feel obligated to explain yourself, to me or anyone else, but hopefully sometime you can experience some lines in addition to CCL. I have friends (the ones I cruised with on CCL 3 yrs in a row) who have only ever cruised on CCL and they don't understand my irritation with the cruise line either. I guess they probably think I'm a snob or something. But its not like I didn't REALLY LIKE CCL, because I did. But NOW, I really don't. My parents have taken us cruising since we were 11, and I just feel like there is a level of service and expectation that cruising is supposed to supply. And hopefully if you want to, sometime, you can branch out a bit for other cruise lines and perhaps see why it is those of us who have been cruising for decades think that they (CCL) are dropping the ball, especially this year. I have a MUCH better vacation driving down to the gulf and running on my dogs on the beach and eating 2 pounds of crab legs for $9.99. The point being, there ARE a lot of vacation options out there. So settling for less IS JUST SETTLING. And believe me, you deserve more. But if you are happy, than that's great!

And please, people! NO ONE HERE IS BEING JUDGED AND NO ONE ON TRIAL: EXCEPT FOR CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES! And the OP opened it up by telling all of us to buck up and be happy with cut backs. Still not judging OP though. My opinions are more geared to the cruise line.

Like. This is cruise critic and we are allowed to give our opinions on what Carnival is doing.

Just because we can afford to go on a cruise does not mean we lose our rights to comment on things both good or bad.

We are fortunate we can afford to cruise several times per year.

Does that mean we should be happy when Carnival takes away things we like and cheapens the cruising experience?

After most cruises I will write to JH and comment on our experiences both good and bad. Presumably he sends them to someone who hopefully is interested in my comments.

We are platinum and so far keep coming back so obviously there is more good than bad in our trips.

Hi Blk!

My personal thing, I DON'T like them not telling me their names...

1) Our service was NOT GOOD, and frankly rude. On my comment survey, how can I tell CCL that "Bruce Wayne" stuck his finger in my face and flat out shushed me when I asked for service...?

2) They clearly don't care that people won't ask for them again. On our other cruise line, we write the names down, because their service is THAT GOOD and we can ask for them by name again...

That's why it matters to me. Its accountability. They have no interest in service and prefer to be nameless and certainly don't care about repeat service. On the other hand, you will notice sometimes a person REALLY REALLY likes their server, and they WILL refer to him by name. He/she is a person and at least for me, it is relevant. Not just a chatty chatty thing for me.

Peace!

Sometimes people simple have enough!

We all have our own vacation standard or deal breakers as I call them. We can sit around and wait for Carnival to rebound or change our expectation, even move on. I think I can change the expectation which is not the same as lowering them, but if I choose to then so be it. That will mean I will have less to whine about and more to be surprise by. I don't go on vacation to develop or befriend anyone serving me, because no one befriends me at work. My only need for the same server, is that they might get the same thing I order each time without asking. I am going to assume their memory is as bad as mine, so chances are I am going to tell them.

My beef with Carnival, other than the cut I couldn't eat, is the fact everyone acts as it a cheap trip for all. They act as if it a cheap ride for all, or want those who find it cheaper to cruise than stay home.

Edited by Blk_Amish

I would eat with no table cloths on a picnic table in the MDR and not complain if there were no misbehaved or loud kids in there.... or no kids at all! Happy, happy, happy!

I would eat at a table with no table cloth in the MDR if there were no misbehaved adults over talking(loud) drunk and no singing waiters(tacky-dennys), and no over dressed people for banquet food.. Happy, Happy, Happy!

Edited by repo-cruiser

I saw this youtube video showing the new menu/tables the other day.

Hello All4fun, Thank you so much. I feel much better about the menu now. It and the food in the video all look yummy. And the food itself seemed much like it always has.

But really too bad about the "no tablecloths". The tables without the cloths really did look like our neighborhood bar. Definitely lowers the class of the place. All I can say, is that while I don't like it, my annoyance should be damped down by the time we get there.

Edited by Gayle V

I agree with the OP. heck, Im on a ship and there is food so I am happy. tablecloths or not

No kidding. I don't know if the ones complaining about the lack of tablecloths even go out to a 5 start restaurant on land or not, but Carnival is being trendy. If you go into many modern upscale restaurants, the theme is NO tablecloths.

I would eat at a table with no table cloth in the MDR if there were no misbehaved adults over talking(loud) drunk and no singing waiters(tacky-dennys), and no over dressed people for banquet food.. Happy, Happy, Happy!

Sorry, I have never been in a Denny's where the waiters sing. I am lucky if I can get a server named Blanche not to wheeze on my food...:eek:

+100 to the original OP. Boo hiss to the MDR highjackers that miss the point but need to whine and whine about changes.

Seems the ones that are always negative are the same ones with such narrow minds they could look through a key with both eyes. They are the same ones who get bumped. Lose luggage. And love drama. The gnashing of teeth on this board is embarrassing sometimes when putting into perspective what really matters.

I woke up this morning... I'm already blessed. Many did not and many are wondering where their next meal for the family will come from tomorrow.

Flame on whiners.

+100 to the original OP. Boo hiss to the MDR highjackers that miss the point but need to whine and whine about changes.

Seems the ones that are always negative are the same ones with such narrow minds they could look through a key with both eyes. They are the same ones who get bumped. Lose luggage. And love drama. The gnashing of teeth on this board is embarrassing sometimes when putting into perspective what really matters.

I woke up this morning... I'm already blessed. Many did not and many are wondering where their next meal for the family will come from tomorrow.

Flame on whiners.

Your words are so true. Great hearing that someone feels blessed. Your comments brought a smile to my face.TY

Flame on whiners.

Flame on you actually for judging those who expect something decent on their vacation. Am I happy I woke up this morning? Um, yes. What on earth could that possibly have to do with whether or not I am happy or satisfied with the menus and service from Carnival? For sure yours is the silliest post I"ve seen on here in awhile.

No kidding. I don't know if the ones complaining about the lack of tablecloths even go out to a 5 start restaurant on land or not, but Carnival is being trendy. If you go into many modern upscale restaurants, the theme is NO tablecloths.

Right Serena, no one who appreciates a tablecloth has been to a 5 star restaurant. Ok....

There is a difference in a fine dining restaurant with beautiful tables (often marble, stone etc or at least beautiful wood) and Carnival's lacquered Denny's style table. And, this is a forum and anyone who is on here can post their opinions and should not have to be judged by people like you.

Right Serena, no one who appreciates a tablecloth has been to a 5 star restaurant. Ok....

There is a difference in a fine dining restaurant with beautiful tables (often marble, stone etc or at least beautiful wood) and Carnival's lacquered Denny's style table. And, this is a forum and anyone who is on here can post their opinions and should not have to be judged by people like you.

They are the same surfaces they use in their Steak Houses. using Denny's as a comparison is like comparing posters here to Henry Kissinger.

I have NOT been to a 5 star or modern trendy upscale restaurant, therefore I like tablecloth. If the fancy restaurants are doing it it might be the same reason Carnival did, cheap. The food might make it easier for one to overlook. Maybe to some delight, but not in a million years could I see myself dressing up to go and sit in steakhouse looking restaurant. What a shame to be on a crusie with gowns but no place to wear them to:D

Since so many people are comparing Carnival to Denny's, I should start eating at my local or their Denny's more often. For the most part I don't mind the food on Carnival but hate the food at most of the places it's compared to. Banquet food works for me and I always dress up for the occasion, gotta wear the gowns when I am not crusing:D

Edited by Blk_Amish

Sorry, I have never been in a Denny's where the waiters sing. I am lucky if I can get a server named Blanche not to wheeze on my food...:eek:

Lol. Yeah I saw that yesterday and thought hmm...maybe the Denny's waiters sing now. I haven't been to one in years.:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Lol. Yeah I saw that yesterday and thought hmm...maybe the Denny's waiters sing now. I haven't been to one in years.:p

To get that Carnival mdr feeling I am heading to Dennys. Not sure what to wear, darn :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

To get that Carnival mdr feeling I am heading to Dennys. Not sure what to wear, darn :D

Oh now....the MDR is not that bad. Lol. And you must have somewhere to sport those pretty gowns although I feel you on your point.

My first cruise I wore a full length gown from a wedding I had been in 2 years prior (only bridesmaid dress I've had nice enough to wear again). That was in 2001. I would feel overdressed in that same gown now.

That's why I say the bigger hoopla about mdr changes should have been when Carnival started relaxing the dress code. Just my opinion. The naked tables seem to follow the trend they began with the relaxed attire rules. Maybe folks were/are bothered by that. But most of the stuff I see on here between threads about the mdr tables and mdr attire overall (not everyone) is that it's no issue with jeans or shorts or flip flops in the mdr but no tablecloths is bringing down the elegance???? :confused: And that's what I don't get.

I've seen very nice, expensive restaurants shun the tablecloth, but the patrons still dressed in at least business casual attire. I don't know of a fine restaurant that doesn't require a certain dress code. Carnival killed the elegance if the mdr long before these recent mdr changes.

I am always happy on vacation NO MATTER WHAT and Carnival really is "the fun ship". However I am getting a little tired of them trying to pressure every dollar out of my pocket by all these new little fees and surcharges all over the place, not to mention the pay to dine restaurants which I refuse to patronize. It's noticable to me and it's getting old. I'm tired of paying more and more for what used to be free.

Flame on whiners.

Yes some people here worry about silly and trivial things. However many intelligent people have opinions and points of view and what is wrong with expressing them?

I am always happy on vacation NO MATTER WHAT and Carnival really is "the fun ship". However I am getting a little tired of them trying to pressure every dollar out of my pocket by all these new little fees and surcharges all over the place, not to mention the pay to dine restaurants which I refuse to patronize. It's noticable to me and it's getting old. I'm tired of paying more and more for what used to be free.

You may want to avoid Royal. It seemed that every other thing on the daily Compass was something that involved payment.

That's too bad, you don't know what you're missing. The Steakhouse is wonderful. We ate there 7 out of 15 nights on our last B2B. Worth every penny.

Really, CCL has less pay venues than other lines.

Edited by Rena921

That's too bad, you don't know what you're missing. The Steakhouse is wonderful. We ate there 7 out of 15 nights on our last B2B. Worth every penny.

Really, CCL has less pay venues than other lines.

Steakhouse is very good but dont think we would go there that much.

Carnival might have less pay venues now but they seem to be trying to catch up.

Steakhouse is very good but dont think we would go there that much.

Carnival might have less pay venues now but they seem to be trying to catch up.

I agree with that. I think all cruise lines are trending towards pay venues in order to generate revenue allowing them to keep the cost of the cruise itself low to entice more individuals to sail.

Yes some people here worry about silly and trivial things. However many intelligent people have opinions and points of view and what is wrong with expressing them?

Not one thing. I welcome debate and discussion and know each of us has valid points of view as it relates to their experiences and expectations.

• 4 weeks later...

Well now the tables are naked, I worry that soon we will be seeing naked passengers in the MDR.

I can imagine some of the comments that might cause.

For example, " I don't know what that persons wearing, but is sure needs ironing".

OMG !!! If you don't like carnival and what there are doing just keep it moving ...I'm sure royal and the rest are doing things that you don't like but you can't say anything bcus you are too ashamed to say it .you pay double the price to get on the ship and still have to pay for all the stuff you get on carnival for free:eek: life is too short to be bother about no table cloth ,no desert ,no menus put in ur hand life is not perfect you guys bitch about frivolous things ..GET OVER IT !!!:rolleyes:

OMG !!! If you don't like carnival and what there are doing just keep it moving ...I'm sure royal and the rest are doing things that you don't like but you can't say anything bcus you are too ashamed to say it .you pay double the price to get on the ship and still have to pay for all the stuff you get on carnival for free:eek: life is too short to be bother about no table cloth ,no desert ,no menus put in ur hand life is not perfect you guys bitch about frivolous things ..GET OVER IT !!!:rolleyes:

I sail Carnival and RCI.

- I don't pay double on RCI. Many times this "figure" is based upon southern Florida fares only. We did a 9 day Caribbean in November on RCI for under $1,000 with taxes.

- I get more for free on RCI, especially food access and entertainment.

- You can convince yourself that life is too short to worry about (insert list). There's a group that believes life is too short to accept the gutting of what they enjoyed.

- And how is your post any less of a "b....h" than anything else posted (roll eyes) You might consider getting over it.