Lavazza in Sun Suites (SE/SF, etc)?

CarlsDad

I believe the two (2) Owners Suites do have Lavazza coffee machines...Thread searches seem to indicate the remaining 18 suites do not. Any recent cruiser input? If not, does anyone know if plans are afoot to remedy this "oversight" ;).

In 2008 they had them in the aft penthouse suites. I would be shocked if they removed them.

Thank you Ilovesailing! I FAQ'd and thread searched for quite some time (found conflicting information) before posing the question.

I believe the two (2) Owners Suites do have Lavazza coffee machines...Thread searches seem to indicate the remaining 18 suites do not. Any recent cruiser input? If not, does anyone know if plans are afoot to remedy this "oversight" ;).

I can tell you no Lavazza in either the SF and SE on the Sun last January/Feb.

No lavazza forward or aft except for owners suite. There is not enough counter space for a large machine. They tried to put one in an aft for us, it just would not work except on a chair so we said no thanks. Went to the coffee café for morning expresso.

No lavazza forward or aft except for owners suite. There is not enough counter space for a large machine. They tried to put one in an aft for us, it just would not work except on a chair so we said no thanks. Went to the coffee café for morning expresso.

Thank you drhry! Morning espresso is critical!!!

My last Sun aft PH was in 2010 . No Lavaza ..

Im fairly certain they still do not .. ;)

Donna ??

They did NOT on my last 2 cruises in the aft PH 9076.

This last March, concierge extraordinnaire, Monica offered me one. As much as I would LOVE it, there really just is no room for it.

It has a Mr Coffee type. Alas. Why no Keurig or Nespresso which could fit and be a step up???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This last March, concierge extraordinnaire, Monica offered me one. As much as I would LOVE it, there really just is no room for it.

It has a Mr Coffee type. Alas. Why no Keurig or Nespresso which could fit and be a step up???

We gave it a try and put it on the tiny round table in the living room . That lasted 2 days . Your right , there just isnt a good spot for it in those AFT ph's. Hence no machine;)

We gave it a try and put it on the tiny round table in the living room . That lasted 2 days . Your right , there just isnt a good spot for it in those AFT ph's. Hence no machine;)

Yeah, I figured that. Oh well. Next cruise is on Sun then for my niece's 18th we will be in Haven on Jewel out of Houston. So we can wait. But... Darn.

They were able to get one in my SF forward. No more desk but a fare trade for espresso.

Aft penthouse next October. Maybe I need to stop a AKEA in LA before I board for 15 days and pick up a stand. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

They were able to get one in my SF forward. No more desk but a fare trade for espresso.

Aft penthouse next October. Maybe I need to stop a AKEA in LA before I board for 15 days and pick up a stand. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Or pick up a small Keurg. ;).

• 1 year later...

I am resurrecting this thread to ask if anyone back from the Sun recently can verify that there are smaller Lavazza coffee makers in the forward suites now, thought I caught a glimpse of one in a picture that I saw in a recent review.

My DW and I got off the Sun in late January. We were in an SG as we were a year ago. There was a small Lavazza machine on the desk this year. It didn't have a steamer so you couldn't make cappuccino. It did make coffee and espresso. A year ago we asked the pre-cruise concierge for one of the larger ones (we were told that there were only four on the ship). It was placed on the desk, was somewhat awkward but it did make cappuccino. It wasn't available this year.

Jay

Thanks so much for the replies, we stayed in our first suite on the Pearl in December, had no idea what all the hype was about concerning the Lavazza but we quickly became addicted as we drink our coffee black and it was so easy and quick, we never did make cappuccino so just coffee and tea would be great, hope we have one in March, we are in a forward SG on the Sun. :)

We were on the Sun in March. Sun Suite 8003 forward. Much to our surprise they put a full size one on a small table for us.It wasn't a problem or in the way, actually the pole in the middle of the room was more of a problem. That's another discussion. Room does have a fantastic bathroom and dressing area.

Just back from Sun today. The aft suites now have the small Lavazza . Would guess all suites would have them. Nothing fancy but a great improvement from the four cupper we had in Nov. Coffee was very good.

Just back from Sun today. The aft suites now have the small Lavazza . Would guess all suites would have them. Nothing fancy but a great improvement from the four cupper we had in Nov. Coffee was very good.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you are so lucky! There was not one when we sailed in the aft suite in November! Glad to hear they have made the change; we sorely missed it!