Anthony Key: How do you get in and out of boat to scuba?

Janespup

I am considering the beginning scuba excursion offered by Carnival, at Anthony Key Resort. My only concern is getting in and out of the boat. I can't climb down or up a small boat ladder and I doubt if I could just jump in the water off the boat. Has anyone done this excursion who can describe the entry/ exit into water from the boat? Thanks, in advance.

Here is a pic of one of the dive boats at Anthonys Key. While I have not dove with them (we use Infinity Bay Divers since we stay at Infinity Bay condos) I must ask how exactly you would plan on getting in and out of the water from a boat if not on a ladder ? Also, when you enter the water you will usually do what is called "a giant step out" meaning you dont jump but you sort of take a giant leap/step in order to clear the boat of the tank on your back...... Sometimes this is a little tricky if the waves/swell is not cooperative :o

I think if you have physical limitations you might want to research this a bit more.....better to not plan on it than to have it all booked and then not be able to do the dive once out there.....

Also, have you considered doing a beach dive ? You would simply enter the water from the beach with gear on...... and exit the same way. The reefs in Roatan are very near the shore in many places and you might be able to find a dive shop that would offer this option versus a boat dive.... just a thought.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-158465201/stock-photo-dive-boat-at-anthony-s-key-roatan-honduras.html

I strongly agree with texancruzer. I'm a certified diver and still find the entry a little scary in choppy water. You might want to find a dive shop in your area that offers a "Try Scuba" class. They'll often bring you to an indoor, local pool and let you try it out so you know if it's worth your time and money on the cruise.