Cosol Tours experience Dec 8 2013

alexgtp

Great tour.

unfortunately we were not on the but that Cosol was driving, but we did have Bomby! (bombee) What an great tour guide he was. Remember to tip your guide!

Our trip had about 4 Micro-buses full of passengers and 1 bus full of coolers filled with beer, rum punch and soda's.

Let me say driving in St. Lucia takes some serious skills those winding roads thru the mountains without any barricades to the sides is something you must experience first hand

Bomby was very informative and professional.

We stopped at a couple places to take pictures. Bomby was very accommodating and would take pictures for you.

Stop included:

Small market overlooking the Port where your ship is docked for pictures.

small banana plantation where we got to sample fresh bananas

Stopped at a large home, where we were shown the largest spread of local food and drinks (not sure if this is Cosol's GF or wife as they were very friendly..lol) each food had a name card next to it so we knew what we were eating. Lots of booze and food to be had here.

La Soufriere Drive-In Volcano small guided tour (tip your tour guide)

Jelousie beach (amazing beach in between the Pitons)

Toraille Waterfall (definitely take a dip under the falls)

On the drive back to the ship. Bomby stopped at a local bread shop where we were introduced to these enormous pieces of bread that resembled flinstone size clubs. They are freshly baked and still warm. You are than given some cheese to put inside bread. The bread melts the cheese and you are left with a nice hearty snack for the ride back to port. Thru out the day you have a chance to drink alot of beer, soda and rum punch. So don't hesitate to have a good time.

Highly Recommended!

Cosol is a very reputable tour guide and has built up his business on the great recommendations from customers on sites like cruise critic. He gives a wonderful comprehensive tour...I have used him three times. I never worry about getting back on time. If he ever let a group miss a ship he would be ruined...they are extremely careful to allow plenty of time in case of an emergency. He is definitely one of the best. All of his guides are good, but try to get on his van if you can.

Cosol is a very reputable tour guide and has built up his business on the great recommendations from customers on sites like cruise critic. He gives a wonderful comprehensive tour...I have used him three times. I never worry about getting back on time. If he ever let a group miss a ship he would be ruined...they are extremely careful to allow plenty of time in case of an emergency. He is definitely one of the best. All of his guides are good, but try to get on his van if you can.

Agree 100%. Never had any worries.

True professional. We arrived with plenty of time to walk around the port and do some shopping and ise the internet to catch up with my family. On a side note a Celebrity sponsored tour that did somewhat the same route arrived about 30 minutes after we did.

We just returned from our cruise and took Cosol's Tour as well. It was by FAR the best tour of the whole trip!

Our guide was Baptiste, and he was incredible! Can't say enough good things about all of these folks. Our stops were the same except that we did not get to do the waterfall as access to it isn't possible since the storms and flooding on Christmas Eve. Also didn't get the warm bread and cheese, but stopped instead at Claudia's house for fresh cheese sandwiches that were amazing.

We were not at all worried about getting back on time, as they are highly professional and know what they are doing. That said, they do maximize every minute of your time and will use the entire day, which we LOVED!

The beach has AMAZING snorkeling, best of the entire trip. They have snorkeling equipment available if you didn't bring your own. That said, this beach is very rocky. Do take some water shoes or be prepared to tip toe out until it's deep enough to swim. I would've loved to snorkel longer, but also wouldn't give up a single minute of this trip. Can't say enough. You should DEFINITELY do this tour.