Been on the Equinox Lately?

brady19

I was reading a few reviews and some people have complained that the equinox does not have any poolside entertainment, ie band. I have seen some pics posted that show a band but they were a year old.

Can anyone speak to this who has been on the Equinox in the last few sailings.

Thanks

There was a band and/or singers most of the time over Christmas by the pool. Although I must say it was kind of boring in my opinion. But I was trying to avoid the pool area because of all the kids running around (bad thing about a Christmas cruise).

Equinox had a couple female duos by the pool several days.

Frankly, we felt that the music this time with the party band and those duos was just.not.good. An exception, we did enjoy Sean the guitar player.

Hope music on the Constellation is several notches higher this spring than what we recently experienced.

We love Equinox, for sure. Boarding her again March 14th! But, the music by the pool IS lacking. The a cappella men sang for 15 minutes or so a couple times a day and a band played (if I remember correctly) for 2 hrs in the afternoon every day. That's it. We really missed having a band (preferably a Caribbean band) play for the afternoon, not just for a couple hours a day. When I'm sailing the Caribbean I love to hear Caribbean music, steel drums and all :-)

Band playing by pool was almost non-existant.

However it may differ depending on the ship and the itinerary.

On my 12 night Mediterranean cruise on Equinox here's the occurrences of a band playing by the pool :

Day 1 (embarkation) : 1.15pm - 2pm & 2.15 - 3pm. (Was not the "Party" band).

Day 2 : none

Day 3 : none

Day 4 : none

Day 5 : none

Day 6 (At sea) : 12.30 - 1.15pm (Party band).

Day 7 : 12 - 12.45 (Was not the "Party" band).

Day 8 : 5.15 - 6pm (Was not the "Party" band).

Day 9 (At Sea) : 5.45 - 6pm (Was not the "Party" band).

Day 10 (At Sea) : 12.30 - 1.15pm (Party band).

(I'm missing a couple of the "Celebrity Today's" - but you can get the picture).

We love Equinox, for sure. Boarding her again March 14th! But, the music by the pool IS lacking. The a cappella men sang for 15 minutes or so a couple times a day and a band played (if I remember correctly) for 2 hrs in the afternoon every day. That's it. We really missed having a band (preferably a Caribbean band) play for the afternoon, not just for a couple hours a day. When I'm sailing the Caribbean I love to hear Caribbean music, steel drums and all :-)

I'll also be sailing the Equinox on the 14th.....I'll bet that it is as cold in Michigan as it is in Ontario....OHHH sun and warmth...can't wait!!:D

BABA7

Thanks, this is quite disappointing. I agree I like to hear some Caribbean or Steel Pan music by the pool on a Caribbean Itinerary. Just to lay by the pool on sea days with no band seems like it would be a bit boring.

Seems counter productive to Celebrity. I would think those bands create a more fun atmosphere, which will lend itself to people buying more drinks, more $$$

i'll be joining ya'll on the march 14th sailing :) as a caribbean cruise i'd be pretty surprised if they didn't have their act together with some kind of caribbean band by that point. i just got off the silhouette 2 weeks ago and can say they really didn't have one, but it was also her first caribbean sailing for the season (just came over from europe) so i wouldn't really expect them to have that type of entertainment together. for march though, since she'll have been in caribbean waters for a few months i'm hoping they will have something by the pool. if not, it's not the end of the world as chances are i may just choose to listen to my own music in my earbuds instead.

I sailed the Med in Sept and the pool band was horrendous! However, it had zero impact on that cruise since it was all about sight seeing. However, we are booked for April 4th and am hoping for a decent pool band. Equinox is our fav ship to date!

Edited by celebrity

We have sailed Celebrity through the Caribbean the last two spring seasons and have greatly missed the Steel Drum music. :(

Now I have been reading of even more cut backs in the live music program. :mad:

On a positive note we had Sean Golden on our cruise and he is Great!! I hope he is with us on our cruise this spring. :)