Galveston Beach Hotel Anyone?

We stayed there just before the name change. It was a little bit in need of updating. We noticed a musty smell that we had not noticed before. I would contact them and ask if they have remodeled since taking over. We have alway loved staying there because of the balconies overlooking the water. It is by no means "a dump".

There are no hotels on the "beach".

So called beach hotels are on the north side of Seawall Blvd with the Gulf of Mexico across the street.

we are booked at Laquinta east are interested in going to pleasure pier .is this a good location? we wont have a car and need to shop for soda wine ect..thx in advance

Are you going to be walking from the La Q to the pleasure pier? It's a hike for sure and if you're going to haul stuff back to the hotel, even rougher IMO. Also IMO that PP is just a money pit. You have to pay $10 I think just to go over there.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Look @ Galveston map on trip advisor so give you a better sense of the lay out. PP is @ Seawall and 25th St. Your hotel @ Seawall/14th. The blocks tend to be long tho in some sections, that's why I say look @ the map and zoom in.

Look @ Galveston map on trip advisor so give you a better sense of the lay out. PP is @ Seawall and 25th St. Your hotel @ Seawall/14th. The blocks tend to be long tho in some sections, that's why I say look @ the map and zoom in.

Thank you I will look at the map :)

yes we plan to walk ..are there hotels closer .I really want to ride roller coaster .we plan to take a cab to shop but would like restaurants close as well.

4 Points Sheraton is very near the Pleasure Pier & Murdocks. We have stayed there twice. Nice & clean.

We are booked for Galveston Beach Hotel this weekend before our cruise Sunday. We got it off Priceline - so we are hoping it is a nice hotel as well. Pictures look nice, but they can be deceiving. As you say, reviews are up & down. We just want clean for a couple of nights sleep before we cruise!

We are booked for Galveston Beach Hotel this weekend before our cruise Sunday. We got it off Priceline - so we are hoping it is a nice hotel as well. Pictures look nice, but they can be deceiving. As you say, reviews are up & down. We just want clean for a couple of nights sleep before we cruise!

Oh please let us know when you get back how it was! That would be perfect :D

We don't go until early May.

Thanks in advance and enjoy!

We drove by that renamed hotel the day we were there pre-cruise and I wondered what it was cause of the exterior paint change and other obvious differences from the past. It appears a complete facelift has been done. I'll MSG my friend who lives on GI and ask him if he knows anything.

We drove by that renamed hotel the day we were there pre-cruise and I wondered what it was cause of the exterior paint change and other obvious differences from the past. It appears a complete facelift has been done. I'll MSG my friend who lives on GI and ask him if he knows anything.

That would be much appreciated also!

Near by and all on Seawall except liquor store:

Saltgrass Steakhouse

Millers Cafe

Marios Italian

Outside Tiki bar at hotel

Murdocks - huge Gift shop over gulf

A dive of a mexican restaurant Gorditas

Mc Donalds

Cafe in Galvez Hotel

Pleasure Pier

Bubba Gumps

Fish Tales

Economy Liquor

1911 23rd St, Galveston, TX

(409) 763-6091

Walgreens Drug

We live here and have not been inside hotel.

I will try to get by there to look inside and speak to manager

about renovations if any. And peak at a room!!!

It is not though an old hotel from 20 - 30 years ago.

It is newer say 7-8 yrs,

and if they have kept it up,

it should be satisfactory!

Near by and all on Seawall except liquor store:

Saltgrass Steakhouse

Millers Cafe

Marios Italian

Outside Tiki bar at hotel

Murdocks - huge Gift shop over gulf

A dive of a mexican restaurant Gorditas

Mc Donalds

Cafe in Galvez Hotel

Pleasure Pier

Bubba Gumps

Fish Tales

Economy Liquor

1911 23rd St, Galveston, TX

(409) 763-6091

Walgreens Drug

We live here and have not been inside hotel.

I will try to get by there to look inside and speak to manager

about renovations if any. And peak at a room!!!

It is not though an old hotel from 20 - 30 years ago.

It is newer say 7-8 yrs,

and if they have kept it up,

it should be satisfactory!

WOW This is all great information! Really you would go there and look around for us? :D

Thank you very much!

SSB - Thank you for the info! We should be there tomorrow night. Heading that way tonight.

Do you have a good seafood recommendation? We ate at Gaido's seafood about 1 1/2 yrs ago when we were down there, and it was really good. I've heard its changed hands though? Plus, our kids (young married) are with us, and they might not want to pay those prices. Need something mid-range ($10-20/plate) that is still good seafood.

We ate at Salsas Mexican too. It was ok, not great, but ok. However, I thought it was really loud in their dining room.

Our favorite place (we ate there more than once) was the Spot.

Just wondered what a local would recommend?

Thanks!

SSB - Thank you for the info! We should be there tomorrow night. Heading that way tonight.

Do you have a good seafood recommendation? We ate at Gaido's seafood about 1 1/2 yrs ago when we were down there, and it was really good. I've heard its changed hands though? Plus, our kids (young married) are with us, and they might not want to pay those prices. Need something mid-range ($10-20/plate) that is still good seafood.

We ate at Salsas Mexican too. It was ok, not great, but ok. However, I thought it was really loud in their dining room.

Thanks!

Yes I would go by there but since you will be here! Great!

Spot and Gaidos is great.

Gaidos has not changed hands, still in family difference approach.

Spot has good HH upstairs in palapa

One of our favorites Olympia Grill on port (happy hour 4-7 including food)

ask for HH menu

One of our favorites Rudy and Pacos white table no shorts reservation and split meals suggested Post Office street

Gumbo Bar on Post office

DiBellas...Italian 31st

For mexican Original on 14th

Some like Shrimp anf Stuff

Art Walk is Saturday night on post office st. not to be missed

Edited by ssb

Thanks!

Have a safe trip! Can't wait for your report, hope it is a great one :) Enjoy!

There is a new restaurant on offits bayou on right coming into Galveston right after going over causeway

Look for lights and marina on right

Called Thirteen on brand new marina

Across water from moody gardens pyramids.

Restaurant group is out of San Antonio !

Edited by ssb

We are sitting in this hotel this morning. Do NOT be afraid to book this hotel! It is very nice! Our beds have been very comfy, and the room is clean. I think all rooms have a beach view. We have 2 chairs on our deck. There isn't breakfast, but plenty of places around here to get some. They have secured property for your cars, with a gate that has a code to get in. The pool is very nice, but of course it's a little chilly to get in right now. Very nice hotel!

We are sitting in this hotel this morning. Do NOT be afraid to book this hotel! It is very nice! Our beds have been very comfy, and the room is clean. I think all rooms have a beach view. We have 2 chairs on our deck. There isn't breakfast, but plenty of places around here to get some. They have secured property for your cars, with a gate that has a code to get in. The pool is very nice, but of course it's a little chilly to get in right now. Very nice hotel!

Yeah Dinah!

Thanks for letting us know

Enjoy your stay and cruise :D